Pirate 4x4 banner

61 - 80 of 279 Posts

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
I've got a pile of left over parts from my build. I'll get them listed tomorrow. Whatever I get for the stuff, I'll donate 100%. Only fair since a fair number of these guys have helped me with my projects over the years.
Can't even imagine going thru all that everyone is over there
Likewise, I currently have 1963 GMC Panel truck listed for sale. When it sells all the money will go this charity. Those affected by this fire need it more than I do.

·
Premium Member
3,148 Posts
This is not a time for pride or humility if you need help you need help period!!

There is nothing that can prepare a person or family for the loss of EVERYTHING

Just post your paypal info and let pirates do what it does.

·
Registered
15,271 Posts
2.9%

2.9% ?? Anyone worried about that ? You have to be shitting me. I would be, I am way way more worried about arguing over pennies on the dollar and not donating anything. What ever the fuck. Cheesus fucking Christ. This place is really fucked up some times. Without a rant, fuck off just fuck the fuck off. You win. You are smarter and better. Go suck a fucking shit dick. Go save $2 fucking dollars and ninety cents. Never heard anyone, anywhere complain about Gofund me or mention that it is a bad deal because some other form is better. PayPal has been crucified on this exact board for being antigun and anti 2nd Amendment. My money is in my friends families hands right now, this other bullshit is just that. Fuck off again and good night.

Two Dollars and Ninety cents

Fucking loser.

·
Registered
12,603 Posts
Damn it is hard to post this.

[email protected]

Jeremy, Not sure if you were referring to us about not having insurance. We have tried to get renters insurance before and been declined (or the cost was insane) due to living a high fire risk area. Danielle applied for it Thursday morning, sitting in target parking lot, and was approved. We are not holding our breath but I would imagine that any insurance company would be afraid to deny any claim on a disaster like this. We will see. Also, our landlord has been extremely supportive and said she is going to try and get us a portion for contents. On the bright side, the only bill we now have is cell phones and I think they are going to give us a break.

The generosity of everyone is heart-warming, humbling and even overwhelming. I think I've had 100 people contact me over the last few days, including a boss I quit on bad terms, and guys I've worked with for a few weeks. It breaks my heart a little bit each time I have to turn down people's offers to give. But the fact is we just don't have anywhere to put it. We plan on taking everyone up once we get room, going through it and distributing what we don't need to others. Including money.

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
Damn it is hard to post this.

[email protected]

Jeremy, Not sure if you were referring to us about not having insurance. We have tried to get renters insurance before and been declined (or the cost was insane) due to living a high fire risk area. Danielle applied for it Thursday morning, sitting in target parking lot, and was approved. We are not holding our breath but I would imagine that any insurance company would be afraid to deny any claim on a disaster like this. We will see. Also, our landlord has been extremely supportive and said she is going to try and get us a portion for contents. On the bright side, the only bill we now have is cell phones and I think they are going to give us a break.

The generosity of everyone is heart-warming, humbling and even overwhelming. I think I've had 100 people contact me over the last few days, including a boss I quit on bad terms, and guys I've worked with for a few weeks. It breaks my heart a little bit each time I have to turn down people's offers to give. But the fact is we just don't have anywhere to put it. We plan on taking everyone up once we get room, going through it and distributing what we don't need to others. Including money.
It was you Jeff, I hope that the hail mary works for you. The ridge may not be insurable after this. We've had our carrier for 13 yrs, many carriers have dropped the area following the '08 fires and the legislation that hit around '15. We love you guys and will do what we can for you.

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts
My paypal is [email protected]

Once the dust starts to settle, in a day or two, I will drop off checks or cash to those in need. I’m thinking we should distribute it based on need and number of heads in the family? If you want the donation to go to a specific member please indicate that in the notes and it will stay separate from the general fund.

I will meet with one of the reputable members that have been affected and have them review the money that came in and where it went.
Tom Tom; sent you a few beans.

·
Registered
12,603 Posts
It was you Jeff, I hope that the hail mary works for you. The ridge may not be insurable after this. We've had our carrier for 13 yrs, many carriers have dropped the area following the '08 fires and the legislation that hit around '15. We love you guys and will do what we can for you.
From what I have heard there was lawsuits and laws passed after Santa Rosa, which may have been what allowed her to get it this time.

I have to honest, I don't know if we will stay. It will probably be 5 years before a glint of normalcy returns. Do we really want to live in a barren wasteland? Will we have clean water? Not mention the main reason we all live up there, trees. Even the ones that survived will probably be cut down due to risk.

I get the "we will rebuild" but we aren't rebuilding a house, we're rebuilding a town. I was talking to Marty and he was saying that there are dozens of rebuilt houses in Santa Rosa that are still waiting for city water.

On the other hand, I can imagine the people who actually stay to rebuild will only be the ones with true heart. Could make for a much tighter community than we already have.

Thank you Jeremy, I really appreciate the fact that you called Danielle to make sure she was OK that day, means a lot.

·
Registered
12,603 Posts
Already getting donations, such an odd feeling, I hate taking handouts but it warms my heart at the same time. Thank you, everyone. Again, what we don't need will be paid forward.

I met Steven @Valon5150, at the Rubicon at the 17 mcr. He was a really guy, shortly after meeting him he laid under my rig and finished changing my drive shaft on old sluice while I helped my son take a duece. Such a genuinely good guy, even after just meeting. Just wanted to give him a special thanks for his donation, it was VERY generous and greatly appreciated. :D

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Are there any immediate needs? Anything that is scarce in the area and makes sense to ship or haul in? Or is cash the best/easiest way to help right now?

·
Premium Member
7,044 Posts
A worthy cause to directly support Pirate members.

·
Registered
12,603 Posts
Are there any immediate needs? Anything that is scarce in the area and makes sense to ship or haul in? Or is cash the best/easiest way to help right now?
I haven't heard of any shortages. I think we are going to some of the donation centers tomorrow. My wife was saying that people are posting on fb that certain centers are full or generously stocked and almost no one is picking stuff up.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Already getting donations, such an odd feeling, I hate taking handouts but it warms my heart at the same time. Thank you, everyone. Again, what we don't need will be paid forward.

I met Steven @Valon5150, at the Rubicon at the 17 mcr. He was a really guy, shortly after meeting him he laid under my rig and finished changing my drive shaft on old sluice while I helped my son take a duece. Such a genuinely good guy, even after just meeting. Just wanted to give him a special thanks for his donation, it was VERY generous and greatly appreciated. :D
Yeah well you got to help me re attach my motor later that day. And I think I drained you of power steering fluid too

·
Registered
613 Posts

Yeah and you helped me re attach my dirty ass motor mount along with giving me probably all of your power steering fluid by the end of that day. Goes around comes around

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
2.9% ?? Anyone worried about that ? You have to be shitting me. I would be, I am way way more worried about arguing over pennies on the dollar and not donating anything.
Shortened to save everyone’s time.

It’s pretty simple. If someone gave you the option of receiving $1,000 and $1,029, which one would you take?

Several generous donation’s have already been received. I will put together a total list of contributors shortly. If any member needs $$ now to stay afloat PM me. I’m going to run names by a few reputable members to make sure the money isn’t going to shitbags or the Nigerian prince that moved to Magalia last Wednesday.

61 - 80 of 279 Posts