Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my buddys truck doesnt seem to be charging the battery. the batt is new and i had the altenator checked it was good it put out 14.54 volts at kraigen so what happens is we put the charged battery in and the truck will drive for a while with the headlights getting dimmer and dimmer till its so dead that it wont even run anymore does anybody know what else could cause this help would be greatly appriciated thanx

jake

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Clean the battery terminals and cable clamps with sandpaper or a steel brush.
Make sure the cables are clean and making good contact at their connections.
Gnarls.

·
Registered
601 Posts
check all ur grounds and conections and make sure the starter wires are tight if any of these are loose there will not be correct continuity in the system and it will not charge

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
thanx 4 responding to my thread i checked those connections and redid a couple of grounds still same thing all fuses appear 2 be good. his truck was stolen and my ignition is all fuced up so when i turn my key 2 accessorys everything turns on but when i turn 2 start nothin happens so i ran my own switch 2 my starter and to my cold start injector so that i could do them manually could my ignition failure have anything 2 do with that? i dont know what else 2 do thanx any imput would be greatly appriciated

jake

1 - 7 of 7 Posts