Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know the part #'s for Chevy a front Dana44 inner axle seals. You know the one's that get pressed into the carrier. Also the outer axle seals, the ones on the actual axle shafts. For some reason I am having a hard time finding them here in Town. I'm pissed at the local Autozone and Advanced auto parts places that say "I'm sorry I have no idea what you are talking about!" Even thought I bring the seals with me. Where are you Byron? No one seems to know what the fawk I'm talking about. I have not been able to try NAPA or Car Quest due to my work scedual. I need some help here! Please, I will owe you many sodas "beer" Can someone please point me in the right direction locally or otherwise!

Peace
Steve

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
see, i have no idea what you are talking about either, so i can see where they might get confused...

What seals do you need? there are the 2 axle seals, and the pinion seal. What seals do you have that press into the carrier???

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for being so unclear, way to many :beer: :) I am talking about the inner axle seals. They press into the inner part of the carrier. Where the tubes enter the carrier. They keep the oil in the carrier by sealing the axle. Hence no oil draining out the tubes. Does that make more since? :)

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I think you mean the housing not carrier. Out on the ends.
Could be wrong I am a toy guy.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
875 Posts
Got a bunch on the bench at home.I'll check later today and get a part # off 'em.I'll do the same with the seal kit fer the spindle bearing.The seals fer the spindle usually come with the spindle bearing as a kit. I'll check and see if you get an answer later from someone else and if not I should have the info.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks a buch, I have looked at Parts mike's page but not extensivly. Once this Month and Quarter end is over I will have some more time to search things lie this, but is always nice to have an option to be able to ask some people that might know the answer off the top of there head. Thanks Guys please keep it up! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts