Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
start grinding, but try to take as much off the perch as you can. Is the perch sort of off set for the pumpkin, or is it the same as the drivers side? if so, theres your problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The perches are for YJ springs. The rear set is the same as the front set. So I need to grind my perch on one side. Ok what about the u-bolt. Should I buy a larger set for the front. And make it fit(BFH).

Also, for the front end what brackets should I go with Cj7 or Yj. I'm not going to fab up the front Pev-Brackets. I would like to buy a set. My Prob is which one will fit my Frame (CJ7 or YJ).

Thnx

·
Registered
921 Posts
well the passenger side inner ubolt is larger than the other 3. I'm pretty sure its the same diameter as my rear d44, but you better measure it

·
Registered
921 Posts
Originally posted by ace138:
<STRONG>

Also, for the front end what brackets should I go with Cj7 or Yj. </STRONG>
What brackets, the spring hanger? you'll have to kluge a rear CJ spring hanger up there, YJ's are welded to the frame

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
RE makes an offset perch. Think it is designed for situations like this. It is offset by an inch too.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i used square tubeing for my perches on my narrow track 30, SOA with wrangler springs. i had to grind the housing minimully for the u-bolts. i was able to do this by cutting open the perch to fit over the houseing. i then had to grind enough to fit a 3.5" u-bolt (i think) over the housing. worked out fine.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You should be able to use the stock u-bolts. On the front end, just grind a notch in the bottom of the diff to accomodate the larger diameter u-bolt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts