Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was reading the submitted comments for the Black Canyon TMP.

Not one single comment was considered or applied.

Thank Goodness we stopped this!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I was reading the submitted comments for the Black Canyon TMP.

Not one single comment was considered or applied.

Thank Goodness we stopped this!

The whole process got screwed up. The BLM lost most of the staff they had working on it. They also found flaws in the EIS. So, they had to complete an entirely new one. Such a messed up .gov org.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The whole process got screwed up. The BLM lost most of the staff they had working on it. They also found flaws in the EIS. So, they had to complete an entirely new one. Such a messed up .gov org.
I absolutely agree. They had no choice but to stop once we blew the cover. I think many of them realized what they were doing was wrong.

I talked with a high-level BLM supervisor from Hassayampa District. He and his officers are happy the trail closures have been stopped. However, BLM land is only a small portion of Arizona. Forest Service has already completed TMPs years ago.

We flooded them with comments. I build a website specifically for collecting comments and it worked wonders...

Now I plan to start a campaign to change the way trails are closed. We must enforce Arizona law with RS2477 Rights Of Way. Our elected officials must be involved in the decision-making process.

Kevin A.
www.AZBackcountryExplorers.com

41 - 45 of 45 Posts