Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gulches Off Road Vehicle Park is the number one, highest-rated off-road park in North America [www.offroadnorthamerica.com]. Gulches is South Carolina’s ONLY off-road vehicle park for full size 4x4’s. Gulches was created in May 2006 to provide a legal, fun place for those who love off-road adventure to ride. Before and since Gulches opened, other off-road opportunities – public, private, legal and illegal – have disappeared.

Gulches Off Road Vehicle Park is the result of research into state and county zoning laws, months of walking potential properties, and visiting local off-roading groups to gauge the market. The result was a sound business plan and a popular, well-attended park. Gulches Off Road Vehicle Park has a registration membership of over 6,000 vehicles. We predicted that if only one percent of our registrations came in every weekend, Gulches would be profitable.

And Gulches Off Road Vehicle Park indeed became profitable. In our very first year, our brand new business broke even – that almost never happens. 2008 Gulches Off Road Vehicle Park was handsomely profitable.
Today 100 newcomers register every quarter, thus,we anticipate continuing to grow our profit.

However, October of 2008 Wall Street and the big banks almost brought down this country with the biggest recession since the Great Depression. Gulches was lucky – we did not feel the strain of that crisis until fall of 2009. My wife and I made the difficult decision to use our retirement savings to keep the park afloat. Unfortunately that float has about dried up.

2010 has been the worst year gross income wise of our 5 years. We have lost at least 25% of our traffic. I’m sure this is due to the loss of jobs in the community.

We are at a point where one of three things has to happen soon or we all lose the park forever.

One, we need an investor or a small group of investors to purchase 45% of our company. With a block of money to reduce our monthly payments by that 25%, we can be profitable even if the economy stays the same.

Two, we need to sell the park to someone who will not be over financed.

Or…

Three, 25% more folks need to come into the park each weekend.

As we saw in 2008, Gulches Off Road Vehicle Park can be a profitable business. Land values will surely rise up again as they always have. Folks will get jobs and return to the hobby. We will continue to have newcomers register. With an investor, profits will return and grow.

Details and money specifics for Gulches Off Road Vehicle Park are available by request.

Please, if you know someone who is interested in owning all or part of their very-own off road park, please have them call Skip Wilkenson (864) 449 5698.

·
Registered
379 Posts
sorry its slow Skip.I was there in my pathfinder beating the crap out of it from the begining of your place,great place for sure.I know the economy has effected the sport and that sucks.I will try to get some buddies up and get a trip up there soon.good luck and poeple remember that this is a great place and its the ONLY place to ride in S.C lets keep it open

·
Registered
591 Posts
Sorry to hear about the financial issues, Gulches is a great little wheeling spot for Upstate SC. Hope your able to hold on, good luck.

·
Registered
63 Posts
sorry to hear its not going so well... I saw your post on usjeeps the other day. ill be making a trip up there soon with a few others.

·
Registered
625 Posts
The local jeep club here in Charleston is planning on putting a ride together to show our support, I have been out to the gulches many times and its a nice park that I would hate to lose the privileged of wheeling. Good luck Skip

·
Registered
715 Posts
The local jeep club here in Charleston is planning on putting a ride together to show our support, I have been out to the gulches many times and its a nice park that I would hate to lose the privileged of wheeling. Good luck Skip
hey man our local club is planning for jan 29th maybe yall can come the same day and we can give him a big turnout

·
Registered
625 Posts
I think we are going to shoot for the
Save the Gulches ride 2-19-11 ,
check the gulches site out they are going to have a huge weekend planned . Either way lets show up and help save the place!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Planning on bringing a group up on the Feb weekend you have listed. Hope you guys can keep the park going

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Save gulches

I want to thank everyone for their out pouring of support. We are surviving one month at a time. With everyones help we may make it through this. That being said we still are pursuing investors to partner or purchase the park. Again thanks for your concern.

·
Registered
54 Posts
We've got your place on the calendar for mid march, probably 15 rigs or so. keep the faith, everyone's pulling for ya! Hell, I'm willing to pay a few bucks more for a day ride if you're looking at a price change.

·
Registered
379 Posts
could it be made to run kinda like riverrock.you know just be open once a month or several times a year and charge more but you could get all the rigs in there at once and not have as much operating cost.Just a thought

·
Registered
319 Posts
Yeah, but you run the risk of it being a poopy weekend and completely washing out your month.

I will be bringing my video camera and still camera. Posted up on Facebook about this as well as a few other places trying to get some traffic.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Was out there today, had a really good turn out. Lets keep the business coming, I am gonna try and make it back there for the save the gulches ride on the FEB 19!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts