Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to post a link to another site, but it is a bit much to copy. Basically the BLM is doing travel management, and if you want to keep trails from getting closed, you better comment, because you know the environmentalists sure are.
http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=104146
I had to e-mail my comments in as the online comments didn't work for me. Typical.....

·
Premium Member
9,561 Posts
Argh... as if 155 National Forests and 20 National Grasslands aren't enough, now the BLM is joining the fray? :mad3:

It is tough to stay abreast of sooooo many topics at one time. Gee, you think it is by intent?

I'll try to respond to this one, as well, but my immediate focus is Rubicon and the forests through which it runs. Moab is damn important to me, as well, though, since I have been there at least once a year for the past eleven years.

Thanks for posting up the link!

Randii

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Argh... as if 155 National Forests and 20 National Grasslands aren't enough, now the BLM is joining the fray? :mad3:

It is tough to stay abreast of sooooo many topics at one time. Gee, you think it is by intent?

I'll try to respond to this one, as well, but my immediate focus is Rubicon and the forests through which it runs. Moab is damn important to me, as well, though, since I have been there at least once a year for the past eleven years.

Thanks for posting up the link!

Randii
Join the club, Randii.

You are seeing the tip of the ice burg.

Yes, BLM is getting into the "designated routes of travel" game. Expect more of this within the coming months.

If you like to visit places off the paved highway, be prepared to justify why you want to do it.

Designated routes of travel are even happening in OHV open areas under state or federal management.

High on my list of concerns is Truckhaven.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts