Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Forward:
On Behalf Of Herndon Elliott
Tuesday, June 17, 2008 7:21 PM

http://www.sfwda.org/forum/index.php?topic=112

Link to Survey
http://www.sfwda.org/trails/tellico/UT_survey_2008/UT_OHV_Survey.pdf
Link to Cover letter
http://www.sfwda.org/trails/tellico/UT_survey_2008/UT_OHV_Survey_coverletter.pdf

Please ask everyone in your club (and anyone else you know who uses Tellico
OHV area!) to fill out the survey and MAIL it in to the address noted in the
forum post.

RE-EMPHASIZE: The surveyor lady we spoke with who was handing these things
out at the Allen Gap pay station said that she had been accused of not doing
her job properly because none of the OHVers were responding, only fishermen.
She said they had nearly 100 to 1 ratio of responses from fishermen to
OHVers. LETS FIX THAT PROBLEM FOR HER!

Herndon Elliott

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fixed it for you

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
This is IMPORTANT

Y'all, this is just as important as sending in your comments. As part of the NEPA process, these folks have been contracted to determine what kind of an economic impact closing the trails would have on the area. THIS IS A BIG DEAL. We tried to show the public with Spring Fling, but this is the "official" survey. Fill it out folks, it's important.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I filled one of these out 2 weeks ago while I was up there. Was happy to do it. Fill'm out and mail'm in people.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Posted links on GATR forum. We have a ride going on the same weekend as the open house in Murphy so we should have some people there.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Is it possible to obtain a better survey than the one that is scanned poorly on the SFWDA link?

I understand the importance of filling this out, but sending in a survey that was scanned crooked and of low quality is a bit ridiculous (I will do it as a worse case scenario). If this is as significant as they say it is, is it possible for SFWDA to make a high quality, aligned copy and mail it to each of their paying members with a statement describing the importance of filling this out? That way they know all of their membership has received the survey, and have a better chance of having this form completed.

John H.

·
Registered
583 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Sent mine in yesterday, but a question came up from a local group I'm a part of. I believe I'm the only one of them who has been to Tellico so what if you've never been, and would eventually like to go, but still want to provide support with this survey?

Many of them frequent Rausch Creek, and are 5-6 hours away from there, so they pump money into that local economy each time. Should they fill it out, stating that although they have not visited Tellico, yet, this is what they pump into the local economy each time they do wheel a non-local (which is basically everything) park/location? I would assume that would be better than nothing...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts