Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
3,557 Posts
There is a much simpler way to do the timing on a TBI. Set the timing to where you want, no need to disconnectany wires. When you get it where you want, disconnect the battery for about a minute or so. Put the cable back on and your timing is set. Diconnecting the cable resets the computer, and adjusts itself.

· Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Well, a freind of mine is a mechanic, he was the one who told me about it, and I done it numerous times, and never had any probs. There's not a vacuum advance on these, so what other timing can use adjust??

· Premium Member
3,557 Posts
That could be possible. We set the timing by a light, then disconnected the battery. When i put my motor in, I set the distributor at number 1, and did the rest by ear and idle. Maybe then I got lucky too, but that thing ran awesome. If it had a good tranny it would smoke them into third gear. Would pin you back in the seat in any gear. Well, maybe not o/d. Whatever way works, I guess....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.