Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently looking for a person/couple that is interested in doing Pirate4x4.com event coverage.

Job duties are -

Travel to events, such as UROC, WEROC, etc...
Setup booth (EZ up, table, chairs, and P4x4 Banner)
Cover event live - (photography, and blow by blow written coverage, score updates)
Do nightly updates to photo gallery
Do final end of event story
Pack up, go home.

You must have your own laptop, and photography equipment. You must be an experienced writer, that can whip something near error free out without needing to be edited (since it's live). You must be a good photographer. You must be knowledgeable in web editing (Dreamweaver, Front Page, or whatever) and photo editing. You must be computer literate! Computer idiots need not apply!

It's a LOT of work - people have no idea.... But it is also a LOT of fun! I think the most successful way is a two person team. A husband/wife team seem to work great (look at Sam and Lucie as an example).

Benefits - You get to represent the biggest rock crawling website in the world, at world class events. You get first class treatment from event promoters and staff. You get to be up close and personal on the courses. You get your own booth. You get PAID!!!!

We are not looking for a replacement for Sam and Lucie. We are looking for someone who can cover the events that they cannot cover. Sam and Lucie have been having difficulty getting away this year, so we need to ensure that we can have coverage at all the events we want to cover. If you are interested, please email me for more info. [email protected]

·
Registered
453 Posts
Yes to both.
I will be in Vernal, but have to head back Saturday night for a concert (CowboyMouth).

Got both film and digi slr's and film medium format....digi backs for that are $$

Hey Lance maybe Marc and i could work it together....

Marc

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
rockteeth said:
Yes to both.
I will be in Vernal, but have to head back Saturday night for a concert (CowboyMouth).

Got both film and digi slr's and film medium format....digi backs for that are $$

Hey Lance maybe Marc and i could work it together....

Marc

I don't know, two Marcs (spelled wrong even) could be a bad thing....:D

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
mbryson said:
I've got experience with web editing programs? Is your SLR digital?

mine is. I'm not a pro, but dont consider myself a point and shooter.
I'll cover setting up and shooting if you write :grinpimp:

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Would it be an option to be an unpaid freelance photographer working with the cover team?

·
Premium Member
1,671 Posts
sure sounds like a dream job to me I love to do photography but a writer I am not so I guess I will just keep playing with my camera and posting them for free

I would be glad to share my photos from Portland IN and Columbus OH

·
Super Moderator
17,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
deke said:
Would it be an option to be an unpaid freelance photographer working with the cover team?
Definitely... If you'd like to help us at Supercrawl, let me know!

Thanks for all the inquiries everyone... I have a few that I'm really interested in. But I certainly haven't made a decision yet. So if you're interested, email me!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Shoot me an email - [email protected] I have covered events in the past, I am a trained photographer and have web experience - I ran a website for awhile. Lets talk.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
bronco75 said:
sure sounds like a dream job to me I love to do photography but a writer I am not so I guess I will just keep playing with my camera and posting them for free

I would be glad to share my photos from Portland IN and Columbus OH
I like pics:smokin:
post 'em here!

·
Dummer'n Moose Poop
5,393 Posts
I like tater tots!!! YAAAY!!!

·
Premium Member
12,214 Posts
mbryson said:
I don't know, two Marcs (spelled wrong even) could be a bad thing....:D