1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I got all the parts from the old car
now I need to wire it back together

this is a electronic ignition
with a ballast resistor and a orange modual.

every thing worked good before I pulled it

how do I wire this back up.

ps I am useing a one wire altenator if that
makes a diferance,

any help would be great.

·
Premium Member
8,196 Posts
OK, i will have to look at my book thats sittin gin my truck, but here is basically how it goes. one wire is ignition on, one is coil negitage, 2 go to the wires sticking out of the distributor, and the 5th goes to some smog thing, i believe.. or are there only 4 wires on the orange box? if you kept the connector to connect the module to the distributor, you should be able to figure out the other 2 wires.

Garrett

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UM OK UH MAYBE

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE RESISTOR THE CERAMIC THING???

·
Registered
266 Posts
Land Crusher said:
ok I got all the parts from the old car
now I need to wire it back together

this is a electronic ignition
with a ballast resistor and a orange modual.

every thing worked good before I pulled it

how do I wire this back up.

ps I am useing a one wire altenator if that
makes a diferance,

any help would be great.
First thing to do if you haven't already is to remove the four wires you need from the rest of the wireing harness.. once you get it seperate from the rest of the harness you should have a blue wire which will hook to the ballast resistor--a black wire which goes to the coil negative(-) post-- A green wire that you can cut off and discard-- and the other two wires have the distributor connector on them.. You will also need a 12 volt wire going from the starter relay directly to the coil FOR STARTING PURPOSES ONLY.. The best place in my opinion to run this wire from is the 6ga wire from the starter relay to the starter because it only has power when the starter is engaged..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts