Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just had some beadlocks installed on my rims and I mounted them and they leaked like crazy from the welds. I've heard that I should use some silicone on the weld to fix the problem. My question is-"What type of silicone should I use?" I don't want to have to do this alot of times. Thanks in advance.

P.S. I have no vehicle untill I get the leaks fixed.

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
I had the same problem just last week. I am running Rock Equipment beads that just would not fully seal.

I got a PM from one of Rock Equipment's techs (forgot name, but a Pirate member), he said to silicone the weld area just in case a weld was not airtight. I used Mopar ATF-RTV that we use at my dealer, ran a 3/8" bead around the weld, let iy set overnight, bolted them back together, and no leaks at all in 5 days.

The ATF-RTV is just black silicone, but is oil resistant. He did not specify to use it, I just had some laying around.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Most any RTV will work just clean the area with some brake cleaner or carb cleaner to get the RTV to stick its best.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I just used some "ultra black" a few minutes ago. I'll put air in them in the morning and see how it does. Got my fingers crossed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts