Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had a bumper off a zJ I want to paint and nothing seems to work even 100$ gallon of Airplane paint stripper (PF 747) ??? Any good ideas??
Tin Aluminum can Beverage can Tin can Font

I’m I forgot to mention it’s a plastic bumper cap so heat isn’t really an option. I’m also wanting to do a proper primer/paint/clear job

·
blatant asshole
13,340 Posts
Quit begging for help with every post. Just ask a question. Start a conversation. You post like a 8 y/o bugging mom for a cookie.

Get a grinder.

·
Registered
1990 Yj 4.0 ax15 on jack stands. Ford 78 Dana60, CUCV 14 bolt with detroit, stretched 106", linked .
41 Posts
You can't paint your bumper? Why? Just take a rattle can and spray it over...

·
Willys Fan
957 Posts
Sounds like it’s powder coated rather than paint. Sometimes a heat gun will soften it enough to work it off peeling it up with a putty knife. Easier though to just sand to scuff it up and smooth out rough spots and spray over it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds like it’s powder coated rather than paint. Sometimes a heat gun will soften it enough to work it off peeling it up with a putty knife. Easier though to just sand to scuff it up and smooth out rough spots and spray over it.
Thank you for the info. I can se there are some gressballs on here who have massive egos, hilarious! Im actually giving it a full proper paint job and haven’t ran into this type of problem before. I shall get the grinder out.

·
blatant asshole
13,340 Posts
You wana see me try dont you.

My moms dead, uness she had a bucket of cookie dough when we shoved her in the oven good fucking luck.
Speaking of cookies I’ll just go back and see your mom again.
If you don’t like my posts don’t reply ya FN’ DB! Probably can’t even get a hard on…

·
blatant asshole
13,340 Posts
It’s a plastic bumper cap. I want to give it a proper paint job primer/paint/clear. Not chemicals work and heat will wreck it.
You didnt say it was a plastic bumper did you?

Why the fuck are you trying to strip it? Get the da sander and get to fucking work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If it's plastic don't use regular paint stripper, use PEELER from Klean-Strip. It's a rattle can , at your local body supply maybe Napa. That's what the @hops use. Been doing this for 40 years. Don't listen to the wanna be's.

·
Registered
740 Posts
If it's plastic don't use regular paint stripper, use PEELER from Klean-Strip. It's a rattle can , at your local body supply maybe Napa. That's what the @hops use. Been doing this for 40 years. Don't listen to the wanna be's.
I work in a shop that restores cars. 3 years I did a 51 Bentley and stripped the car due to body damage and a re spray. We have not used stripper or pellet ever. We use abrasives. If it’s not abrasives we dip the car. Others that have commented on here have a strong background and work in the industry. So not so much of a wannabe situation.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry if I offended the few that do know what they're talking about, but seems like everybody was just being a dick to the kid instead of actually helping. You can't powder coat plastic, sand plastic is very time consuming and will damage the srf causing alot of rework and if it had factory texture it would be ruined. Regular aircraft style remover will destroy a plastic of fiberglass part. . Don't see the harm in actually answering a question correctly instead of acting like a bunch of poser jackals to some one starting out. Maybe you should have stepped in and gave him some advice.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Sorry if I offended the few that do know what they're talking about, but seems like everybody was just being a dick to the kid instead of actually helping. You can't powder coat plastic, sand plastic is very time consuming and will damage the srf causing alot of rework and if it had factory texture it would be ruined. Regular aircraft style remover will destroy a plastic of fiberglass part. . Don't see the harm in actually answering a question correctly instead of acting like a bunch of poser jackals to some one starting out. Maybe you should have stepped in and gave him some advice.
I said use abrasives…….
Guess you can’t take time to follow a thread. Oh well weed out the weak.

·
Registered
8 Posts
so you did, sorry didnt notice it amongst all the other dick swinging going on. thought the purpose here was to help someone that didnt know what he was doing in a particular instance, not stand around and thump chests . guess I was wrong . I was trying to give him an easy way to get something done without having to teach a freaking autobody course. I figured if he aske d the questions he did he probably didnt even know what a DA was or how not to destroy the poly part with some sandpaper. i will leave the answers up to you seasoned professionals from now on Bucko

·
blatant asshole
13,340 Posts
Im in no way conradicting any thing you said.

Norcal quoted you, i responded to him.

Now. You wana swing your meat around for this plastic bumper fruit cup, you go right the fuck on, but youll be giving him the full hand holding experiance because this the best hes done so far

1 - 20 of 20 Posts