Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm almost ready to move to the next phase of my YJ buildup. I have a 4.3 and 4L60 out of a 95 S-10 Blazer. I can get the t-case as well. Would this hold up to 37's? How about that tranny. Search records seem undecided when hooked to the V-6. Or should I dump the tranny and try to find a 700R4 and mate a D300 to it? Have chevy 60 so I need passenger side drop. If I wait and save for an Atlas it'll be late summer before I can even afford it. Thanks.

·
Registered
130 Posts
SewerBoss said:
I'm almost ready to move to the next phase of my YJ buildup. I have a 4.3 and 4L60 out of a 95 S-10 Blazer. I can get the t-case as well. Would this hold up to 37's? How about that tranny. Search records seem undecided when hooked to the V-6. Or should I dump the tranny and try to find a 700R4 and mate a D300 to it? Have chevy 60 so I need passenger side drop. If I wait and save for an Atlas it'll be late summer before I can even afford it. Thanks.
Come on guy! Everybody knows that the 4l60 is just the electric version of the 700r4. Same case and internals, it is just controlled by the computer.

The T-case is a drivers drop for the IFS suspension I believe.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, thats what I thought about the 4L60. So the 231 won't work either. Guess its time to find a 300. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
you cant go wrong with a 300 they are alot stronger then a 231 the only question is what adapter would you need and is your wheelbase long enough to handle it.I would think you could move your motor forward if nescesary. But I can't tell you.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just did a bunch of searching. Looks like the ticket will be a Novak adaptor, along with Novak motor mounts. Hopefully I can set the engine to the drivers side a bit to help with driveshaft clearance. Ordered the JC Whitney 7 leaf waggy springs for all 4 corners this morning, and by moving the mounts out front and rear, I should have enough room for everthing. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Use the More motor mounts instead. I did on my 4.3L and they worked perfectly and easy.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jeepboyben said:
Use the More motor mounts instead. I did on my 4.3L and they worked perfectly and easy.
I looked at those, but I was under the impression that that offset the motor to the passenger side a bit??? I need it to offset on the other side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts