Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm almost ready to move to the next phase of my YJ buildup. I have a 4.3 and 4L60 out of a 95 S-10 Blazer. I can get the t-case as well. Would this hold up to 37's? How about that tranny. Search records seem undecided when hooked to the V-6. Or should I dump the tranny and try to find a 700R4 and mate a D300 to it? Have chevy 60 so I need passenger side drop. If I wait and save for an Atlas it'll be late summer before I can even afford it. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, thats what I thought about the 4L60. So the 231 won't work either. Guess its time to find a 300. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just did a bunch of searching. Looks like the ticket will be a Novak adaptor, along with Novak motor mounts. Hopefully I can set the engine to the drivers side a bit to help with driveshaft clearance. Ordered the JC Whitney 7 leaf waggy springs for all 4 corners this morning, and by moving the mounts out front and rear, I should have enough room for everthing. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jeepboyben said:
Use the More motor mounts instead. I did on my 4.3L and they worked perfectly and easy.
I looked at those, but I was under the impression that that offset the motor to the passenger side a bit??? I need it to offset on the other side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.