Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched and come up dry so I'm going to post here hoping for some help.

I'm installing my full hydraulic steering (von ruden valve, stock ford ps pump, resevoir and unbalanced cylinder) on a '79 f250 with 2 1/2 ton toploaders and michelin xl 16.00r20s. The problem is that the motor is inoperative and I need to move the truck to my new place (500' away) in order to get the motor work done. The truck will not flat tow without steering hooked up so I'm trying to get the hydro hooked up so I can move it. My question is, can the system be somewhat bled so I can use the internal pump on the valve in order to have "some" steering?

Anybody ever do this?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,110 Posts
I use a Charr-Lynn orbital and I bled my system with the truck off. Turn left to right (not to the turning stops) about 70 times with the engine off and all the air should be bled out.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I attached a drill motor to my pump. I was able to get my system completely bled this way.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replys. Now I can get things buttoned up and move to the new place:smokin:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Well theres always the option of hell you aren't moving it very far, you could always put a come along on it and manually steer it with that, it won't get you there fast or anything and I'm sure you would have to re-steer a few times but it works in a pinch...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts