Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am new to this site and new to forums overall. I'm sure this has been asked but I cannot seem to find the info on here. I am looking for info to do a 6.0 flex fuel or preferably a 6.2 flex fuel LS swap in my 2015 Jeep Wrangler JKU. I am trying to do as much as I can myself without buying a "complete" kit.

Currently our Jeep has Teraflex CRD60's full float 8-lug axles with ARB lockers, 4" Alpine Long arm lift, Falcon shocks and 37" tires that my wife and I did our-self, soon to upgrade to 40's. It has the 3.6L with a 6 speed manual.
I blew up the 3.6 this past weekend so now we are doing the LS swap sooner than planned. We were wanting to wait till this winter but oops, I blew it up! So now we must get this swap done asap as we have a trip planned to do the Rubicon Trail in early September!

I am an excellent fabricator and a good mechanic, just need info to fabricate the motor & trans mounts (if possible), what parts to get, part numbers etc...

Any and all help is appreciated! And yes, I know I can buy a "complete kit", but would prefer to find/source this stuff with help from others as to save some money on this. I do realize the computer stuff I cannot do, so any direction in that would be great also. We want all of the factory "goodies" to work.

Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
11 Posts
I did one on my yj its not too bad, 5.3 4l65e np241c. For most of the brackets there easy to fab, my trans i used the stock 4l60 bracket an put a piece of square tube under it to make mounting holes and height work. The 4 wheel drive shifter was a lot more work modifying the stock to work, not sure what style the jk uses tho. The gear selector was a pain the concept was easy but getting the shift length was a chore. If your handy you can do the 3wire harness conversion, i was a mechanic for years but to me it was worth the $250 to have it done. I did however modify/ combine the "3 wire"(i had them leave tach, fuel, speedo, oil pres) with the jeep harness little time (5days) and a good wiring diagram and multimeter its not too bad. I would find someone local to flash the computer so all your future tunning they can do.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I did one on my yj its not too bad, 5.3 4l65e np241c. For most of the brackets there easy to fab, my trans i used the stock 4l60 bracket an put a piece of square tube under it to make mounting holes and height work. The 4 wheel drive shifter was a lot more work modifying the stock to work, not sure what style the jk uses tho. The gear selector was a pain the concept was easy but getting the shift length was a chore. If your handy you can do the 3wire harness conversion, i was a mechanic for years but to me it was worth the $250 to have it done. I did however modify/ combine the "3 wire"(i had them leave tach, fuel, speedo, oil pres) with the jeep harness little time (5days) and a good wiring diagram and multimeter its not too bad. I would find someone local to flash the computer so all your future tunning they can do.

·
Premium Member
2,397 Posts
If you want your canbus driven JK to work..its not going to happen. Its NOT a YJ!
If so get a hold of John Schumacher. Overland Performance.

If you loose all the canbus stuff sure you can do it.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Watch out for smog test issues if it matters where you live. A Hemi of similar vintage to the JK might be easier to make it compatible and smog-able. IIRC, there's a kit with a CARB EO# now.

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
41,548 Posts
My friend Rob just did did the jeep speed shop emissions legal hemi swap on his jkur (or whats left). Here are details-

Page is adventures of sarge

1 - 6 of 6 Posts