Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an early 77 f250 (factory highboy) had the hro assist from ford. long ago i got rid of that and turned it to manual steering. would love to go power or a better hydro. there was a company years ago in iowa that made a conversion for this and i think i remember seeing another place. but need some direction. if it has been covered before where would i find the info?
puting on the hardhat just in case
thanks
vb

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Ha, that was my first 4x4, I miss it once and a while. It had all those hoses and that bs also. A friend in the 4x4 buisness and took all that old stuff off and put on a steering gear from a Ford van. He used the original ps pump but had to use different hoses. It worked very well. I had 44s on it and I could put one finger in the steering wheel and turn it lock to lock with the truck standing still.:D

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
maybe try to go to the ford section with this description as well as hit the search for the ford and/or general sections (up in the top right of this page) and use key prases from your description??????were you looking for something like that or am I going to far???

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Registered
3,980 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i also search like this f250 power assist steering and got a few more topic but learned nothing. if you will indulge me some here mybe someone knows my answer. i will check on those years of boxes but surely it isnt just that that i will need

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
vb said:
i also search like this f250 power assist steering and got a few more topic but learned nothing. if you will indulge me some here mybe someone knows my answer. i will check on those years of boxes but surely it isnt just that that i will need
Now that I have thought about it, I think he used the pitman arm from the van as well. The steering gear and pitman arm was like $125 or so at that time and he charged me I think it was $100 for labor. It was done at his shop on a Sat afternoon. It was very simple deal, it has just been to long for me remember exactly what steps were taken.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mr lance...... sir?
would you move this over to the ford side please? i goofed in the placement.
thanks vb

1 - 8 of 8 Posts