Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just pick up a speedglas 9000v for $20 and I started to break it down and clean it up in order to help me get some idea's on what color scheme I am going with.. Well I noticed that one the light sensor and had become unsolder and while trying to fix the one glass filter broke and I clean up and assemble it back together to see what works and doesn't work... Well I found out that I broke the glass closet to your face and now I only have the 9/11/13 shades for tig and lost 9/10/11/12/13 shade for tig-mig-stick.. But my questions can I weld without the lens being and using the 3 shades for tig on my mig welder ????

Thanks
Jay

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
This type of stuff is but one reason I never have and probably never will buy an auto hood.

I've tried a few different brands at work over the years, and have yet to find one that I didn't end up getting flashed with or see get broken within a few months.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I found an hf auto helmet and change the the broken liquid crystal display for one out of the hf freight one and and now it works good with the new lense..
So whats you guys thoughts on this ???

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Well I found an hf auto helmet and change the the broken liquid crystal display for one out of the hf freight one and and now it works good with the new lense..
I am stupid.

I own(ed) a HF Autodarkening helmet.

It failed, and I have permanent eye damage.

I now have a Miller. There not that expensive, considering what I lost..

so; it's your call.

If you still choose to use a dodgy helmet just don't tick the "organ donor" on your license if you keep using the HF helmet. No one will want your eyes when you kick it.

And .. post items like this in the "Tools" forum.. you will get more "Eyes" on the topic...

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I was going to buy a #11 fixed shade and glue it in place of the auto lens ??? If I get a fixed shade what shade should I go with and do I need that gold color on the lens ??? Oh I am welding with a 140 amp 120v Lincoln welder.. Whats the best color and where can get them ????

Oh I was being stupid once and was welding for a while with no mask and really put a number on my eyes ,but luckily I did no damage and just dried the eyes out and causing severe irritation.

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
My thoughts.

You bought a good helmet and fucked it up trying to paint it. Then bastardized it back together with parts from a shitty helmet to get it to work. I think your a fucking tool and deserve for it to shut off while burning something in:shaking:

·
Registered
81 Posts
So Elvis-in-texas.... How did you get permanent eye damage from a HF helmet. did you stare in to the arch after the helmet failed. Did you use it on grinding mode what happened..In welding class they warned us that prolonged exposure to the arch could cause eye damage

Im hella confused I like my HF helmet beter then my lichlon. Both are auto dark the lichlon on was 100 and the HF one was 35.

I am also sick and tired of these web wheelers with endless amounts of money talking shit on HF tools. We are sorry we are all to poor to buy your expensive tools I will stick with HF anyday. Aslo if the tools dont work just return it they will take anything back.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My thoughts.

You bought a good helmet and fucked it up trying to paint it. Then bastardized it back together with parts from a shitty helmet to get it to work. I think your a fucking tool and deserve for it to shut off while burning something in:shaking:
MAN your so nice to me lol.. I broke it trying to fix the light sensor and I wish I never broke it but what is done is done ... So I am trying to fix a helmet that I don't have the money to fix because it's so damn expensive and now I am just putting a single shade in there so I can use it and it was not a total waste..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts