Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm about to win a bid on a CUCV and I can just see all the money leaving my pocket as I buy everything needed to swap the axles into my Burban. I've been wanting to do this for some time and I think its totally worth it but its going to cost me. The CUCV and the axles are the cheap part. Its the new drive lines, wheels, tires, lockers, disc brakes, special tools, and lots of beer to eas the install.

Thanks for the ear to bitch at. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
This is a tech forum, not a whine and bitch forum.

Feel free to ask for tech, post tech or pics of your build, but delete this thread.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, excuse me. Technically speaking this is going to cost me a lot of money. Got any ideas on how to do it cheaper? :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Oh, excuse me. Technically speaking this is going to cost me a lot of money. Got any ideas on how to do it cheaper? :flipoff2:
TECHNICALLY cheap liquor will get ya smashed up easier. Definatly room in the budget for maybe a detroit rather than a spool :D

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now the blood is flowing. So, the CUCV is worthless. Its been stripped of pretty much everything but the axles. Besides, I love my burban and its going to be more of a trail vehicle for taking the family out. I don't necessarily look for obstacles to conquer but if they are in my way, I want to get past them. There is not much to talk about now so thanks for letting me waist your time. :flipoff2: I guess I'll just be content to get hazed by all you serious rock crawlers in order to be a member here and pick up on good ideas.

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Now the blood is flowing. So, the CUCV is worthless. Its been stripped of pretty much everything but the axles. QUOTE]

What else did you want from the truck?? The only thing on those trucks worth swaping is the axles. Getting one with most of the wortless crap removed is a plus!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll keep all the redundant parts I can but I'll sell all the other stuff on here or to the scrap yard. It may be coming with a huge plow in the bed. I wonder what a snow plow would bring at a scrap yard.

BTW, have you ever wheeled with a good diesel? It is so much easier when your RPMs stay so low. (except for mud and launching up rocks)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts