Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'93 V6, '85 axle w/lockrite and 1 1/2" wheel spacers up front, 5.29's front and rear. All Pro front hanger. Custom made front springs. AAL in the rear. Longer shackles all around. Dual Marlin Crawler. Virgin run at Superstition. Long way to go:

high clearance fenders
wagoneer fronts
spool rear
chevy rears
flat bed
38.5 sx's...just to name a few.

Pics to big to post. Here's the link to them on WhitebrowithNOfro's web site.

http://www.rockrawler.com/superstition2003.htm

·
Premium Member
16,327 Posts
hey is that near ocotillo wels?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Those picture are REALLY making me miss the desert and playing at Glamis:( :( :(

·
Premium Member
16,327 Posts
miss the desert? i have driven in the little sand there is at ocotillo wells and its not that great. cant imagine glamis. just no fun form what i can see. maybe if i had a i-beamed ranger with coil-overs and a 4 link rear ... but leaves and desert dont mix well

·
H M F
4,364 Posts
Damn, that thing looks just like mine did last year without the doors, 'cept I had IFS then.

Hey Shane, you going to JV again this year for the Jambo? How bout you, havebeerwilltravel?

Attachments

·
H M F
4,364 Posts
mobil1syn said:
im4 wheres that at?
JV, from last year's Jambo:D Man I love that place, but it got fawkin dirty after driving with no door for 3 days. Drove 6 hours home without doors, too.

·
H M F
4,364 Posts
havebeerwilltravel said:
im4, what's your truck look like now? I'm going to JV. Hoping to have all the other things done by then.
Still pretty similar. I'm not completely done with the details. It's gonna be on 37" MTR's, and I'm gonna make pipe bumper front and rear. Here's a current pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
562 Posts
sas

what springs are those f/r ? im4yotas? I wanna sit on 37's one say but im not sure what to do to my 85 xtra cab to be albe to do it right the first time..

by the way:flipoff2: nice rig

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
mobil1syn said:
miss the desert? i have driven in the little sand there is at ocotillo wells and its not that great. cant imagine glamis. just no fun form what i can see. maybe if i had a i-beamed ranger with coil-overs and a 4 link rear ... but leaves and desert dont mix well
Well I know a crawler in the sand wouldn't be as fun as a pre runner in the sand. When I lived out west I thought 4x4's were gay. I was a die hard 2 wheel pre run fan. I raced quads in District 37 desert races and we played at Glamis on quads and rail buggies during the off season. I moved back east and found that 4x4's can be just as much fun but much slower. I still miss the high speed desert runs and playing in the big sand bowls at Glamis though.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Im4yotas said:
Hey Shane, you going to JV again this year for the Jambo? How bout you, havebeerwilltravel?
Well man I am going to try.......Uncle Sam has me scheduled to go ELSEWHERE...same setting as JV though, just with a pack and NO truck!! Everything is dicked up right now though, and who knows, at the rate that my superiors are going, I'll be able to get out (June)! :bounce: 6 yrs is enough for me! We'll see:rolleyes:

·
H M F
4,364 Posts
Re: sas

SquirrelPwr said:
what springs are those f/r ? im4yotas? I wanna sit on 37's one say but im not sure what to do to my 85 xtra cab to be albe to do it right the first time..

by the way:flipoff2: nice rig
Stock 51" rears up front with 2 extra leaves (still needs another extra one) and 3/4 elliptic 63" Chevy springs out back. The front is so soft that the Chevy springs barely move uphill. Once I get another spring in front to stiffen it up a bit more, I should be good.

BTW, :flipoff2: Thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts