Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the upgraded tranny for Odie's buggy that we found the other day. It might be a little to big compared to the Toyota transfer case. We think it is out of a 4X4 Forklift.

Attachments

·
Registered
733 Posts
is that a toy transfer case beside it? That what it red like but if it was that would be like 3ft. is that a full size pallet?

·
Premium Member
4,085 Posts
Looks like a big spicer tranny out of a heavy ag tractor.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Actually the tranny is brand new and is german made by ZF, it has 4 forward and 4 reverse speeds and fully automatic with a built in torque converter.
It is about 3 feet tall, has huge yokes on it and would work awesome in a monster truck or big mud bogger of some sort.

By the way it's for sale if somebody wants to build something big and badass.

Odie. :D

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Actually the tranny is brand new and is german made by ZF, it has 4 forward and 4 reverse speeds and fully automatic with a built in torque converter.
It is about 3 feet tall, has huge yokes on it and would work awesome in a monster truck or big mud bogger of some sort.

By the way it's for sale if somebody wants to build something big and badass.

Odie. :D

That would be perfect for your buggy.:D

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
I'm listening,,,,,,,,

whats it weigh??
can the individual outputs be isolated?? (doing front or rear digs)
(gulp) how much??
About 400lbs...........front or rear digs, I'm sure that could be figured out.........how about the bargain price of $1000.00 and I can deliver on the west coast. :D

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I am intrigued by it. Actually, I have my doubts it could be made to do digs- looks to me like its a chain drive. I could work around the weight issue, but probably not the 3 ft tall. The pad for a hydraulic pump on the backside would be awesome. I might be in touch in the unlikely event I come into some spending money soon.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
We run those style trannys in our underground mine loaders. They are tough being a 1 yard loader wieghs in at 13,450 lbs and a 2 yard is at 26,000 lbs. At a thousand dollars thats a steel being the clark ones we have rebuilt push around 10,000 with all new components. Just make sure you run the right fluid in it or bye bye it will tear it self apart. We run 20-20 in all of ours.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I don't suppose it has a tag on it that gives any kind of gearing info or more importantly, what kind of stall the torque converter has?? Failing that, how about any kind of identification numbers so I could try and do some research on it??

1 - 20 of 22 Posts