Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to retain the factory air box, cause I made a water trap in it. just a plate with a sponge under it. I used 3" pipe for the snorkel. and I have some honda parts laying around. I used the intake pipe off a 1.5L and the adapter for those gay ass 'cold air intake' jobs. its the red thing. The black pipe fit into the existing hole of the air box, its like it was made for it. then for good measure I silicon'd the joint.

·
Registered
822 Posts
that seems simple enough. did you build your own snorkle or buy one?

·
Registered
880 Posts
Yea lets see some pics of the snorkel... 90% of home fabbed snorkels I've seen look like a pile of rat shit

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea lets see some pics of the snorkel... 90% of home fabbed snorkels I've seen look like a pile of rat shit
here ya go.
I think I did a good job on it.

I used 4" pipe to make most of the top of it. Then used the wire grill shit off one of those triangle Edelbrock air filters off a 350. I bent the 3" pipe so it ran down the A pillar. I could have bent two joint a little tighter, though. I cut the hole with a cut off disc on my angle grinder. I used the piece i cut first, attached to an addtional 3" pipe to center, or line up the second hole, so it wasnt all fuckin cock eye'd

note pheasant feather. for increased articulation.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, and any time I have a raw metal edge, like the inside of the hole, I use 3/16 to 1/4" vacuum hose slit down the middle to finish the hole.

·
Registered
822 Posts
looks better than i thought it would.:beer:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts