Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
My sister and her boyfriend are "truck drivers" for a national trucking company. The two of them have been posting nonstop "truckers matter" bullshit for the last day or so. I finally called her and asked WTF? Turns out they made it back home for scheduled time off a day ago and are now refusing to get back in their truck and do their job for 2 weeks because they are "self quarantining." :rolleyes:

·
Registered
155 Posts
My sister and her boyfriend are "truck drivers" for a national trucking company. The two of them have been posting nonstop "truckers matter" bullshit for the last day or so. I finally called her and asked WTF? Turns out they made it back home for scheduled time off a day ago and are now refusing to get back in their truck and do their job for 2 weeks because they are "self quarantining." :rolleyes:
FFS lazy truckers matter dude!!! :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
FFS lazy truckers matter dude!!! :flipoff2:
:flipoff2:

With the feds loosening rules and the shortage of drivers (apparently on account of the ones on staff being lazy), it looks like a great time for someone with a CDL to make some decent money while waiting for their real job to start again.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Here we have senior citizens or persons that are immune deficient that have placed and paid for orders at a local grocery store. The orders are being delivered by seniors in high school. Apparently the students approached the store and set the whole think up. They go to homes and place a flyer on the the door explaining how to order and pay. When the order is delivered they place it at the door, ring the doorbell and wait in the car to ensure it gets picked up.
Not hero's but they have my respect.

I thought for sure this would have been blasted all over InstaTweetFace but not a word.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Several years ago I had to cut a kids corpse out of a mini-van that got nailed by a couple pieces of shit fleeing from police. Am I a hero? No. I was doing my fucking job. Do your fucking job. Period.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Fawk all those people. I am a meme distributor and creator. If anybody is going to get you through this crisis it is going to be me. Is a veteran gonna shoot the virus?

:flipoff2:
You should stand tall and proud of the work that you do.:flipoff2:

Where's my thank for picking up the china virus garbage from hospitals, hotels, shitty apartments, and old folks homes. I could be infected as I type this.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Several years ago I had to cut a kids corpse out of a mini-van that got nailed by a couple pieces of shit fleeing from police. Am I a hero? No. I was doing my fucking job. Do your fucking job. Period.
That's rough, thanks for doing your fucking job, fucking seriously:(

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
Did I ever mention I'm a flat rate technician and we all how bad those of us in that trade get screwed over :)

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Got damn you are right! Without guys like you my inlaws would have no place to take my sil's car to get fixed for her cuz i sure as fuck ain't doin it

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Plumbers... People are at home twice as long during the day with quarantine and using the plumbing twice as much. You guys would really be up shit creek without the plumbers! :flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
My family has been in the trucking industry for 30 years now, my dad's been an owner operator for the last 25 or so. In all those years, I've never seen anyone pat themselves on the back as much as they do nowadays. There's this weird thing that they think their either in a biker gang or on the same level as a war vet for holding a steering wheel.

Did I ever mention I'm a flat rate technician and we all how bad those of us in that trade get screwed over :)
Nah man we're flat rate HEROS now, going in other people's cars during a dempanic. They could have the kung-flu, you never know where a customer's been!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
My family has been in the trucking industry for 30 years now, my dad's been an owner operator for the last 25 or so. In all those years, I've never seen anyone pat themselves on the back as much as they do nowadays. There's this weird thing that they think their either in a biker gang or on the same level as a war vet for holding a steering wheel.
It's such BS anymore. My father got out of it back in the early 90s because it just wasn't paying like it did before. My sister and her boyfriend barely scrape by making no where near what they could because they are too lazy to get their asses up and drive after taking their BS governemnt mandated break. I tell her you can't bitch about not making enough money when you blatantly ignore opportunities to get more miles and better paying loads and then choose to sit at home when there is a national pandemic occurring that needs truck drivers. Shit blows my freaking mind. It's a good thing no one else wants to be a truck driver or they would be the first ones cut.

Also the truck they drive is an automatic. Enough said.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Everybody seems to want an attaboy...

Here's your attaboy pat on back for the post, you hero/attention whore!!

Anyways, I understand the spot about your wife's job working with old people. Not an easy gig but props to her-

·
Registered
14,843 Posts
Personally, I'm glad all these normal people are getting a pat on the back.
I'm glad that our society is realizing that celebs and big shots don't matter, but the truckers and clerks and nurses do.

Maybe we finally realize we don't need Hollywood, etc. Give props to the farmer and all that. I have no problem with this feel-good campaign.

·
Premium Member
20,128 Posts
Here we have people singing and clapping from open windows like fucking retards, instead of opening paypal and giving their favorite cashier some actual help.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Thanks to the hero phone line/ internet connection maker people. If they didn’t climb telephone poles, we’d be reading books this week.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts