Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off nice bronco. Just got through reading up on it and I have a question about your portal axles. Since ground clearance is my issue and I would like to keep as low of a CG as possible I think that the portals are really trick.

Maybe I missed the post but what ratio are you running in the pumpkins?

What reduction are the portals?

What did the portals come off of?

How much do those things wiegh?

Was it a real pain in the ass to make the flange to put the two together?

I know that hummer portals break at times when they are under that heavy ol pig, but I think that they would probably hold just fine under a Jeep. What do you think?

And finaly if you do not mind, how much do you think that axle cost's?

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Originally posted by Alaska ZJ:
<STRONG>First off nice bronco. Just got through reading up on it and I have a question about your portal axles. Since ground clearance is my issue and I would like to keep as low of a CG as possible I think that the portals are really trick.

First off, I think your asking the wrong person. John Reynolds owns the vehicle, but I'll answer you're questions.

2.5:1

2.2:1

Unimog, the bigger of the two

the axle weighs 425 lbs.

I didn't have any problems at all, but that might be a question for axle Jack at CTM Raceing 949-487-0770, he being the person who built them.

I know that hummer portals break at times when they are under that heavy ol pig, but I think that they would probably hold just fine under a Jeep. What do you think?

These axles only have about 2000lbs. on top of them, The Mog stuff is stronger than the hummers, and Jack beefed up the cases just as precaution.

And finaly if you do not mind, how much do you think that axle cost's?</STRONG>
Give Jack a call at CTM 949-487-0770

eric [email protected]

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
See at the top of the page where in styled letters it says Pirate4x4.com Bulletin Board? Se nect to that where in small letters it says search?

Next time before you ask a question use the search first. Every one of the questions you asked has been answered in previous posts.

I do not mean to come off hard but SOOOO many posts are like yours that ask questions already answered elsewhere.

If you do this again you will get flamed so HARD!

Just a warning, and good intentioned advise.

Sean

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Nah. I wil leave that to you guys.

As you may be able to tell, I am not really the flaming type.
Besides, you all are pretty damn good at it anyway.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Originally posted by Alaska ZJ:
<STRONG>First off nice bronco. Just got through reading up on it and I have a question about your portal axles. Since ground clearance is my issue and I would like to keep as low of a CG as possible I think that the portals are really trick.

And finaly if you do not mind, how much do you think that axle cost's?</STRONG>
Well let me clear the air i thought Eric would. IT IS NOT MY BRONCO. It's John Reynolds. As for the other questions, do as others have suggested. It will save typing time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts