Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i'm wanting to know a little more info on the creeperbox for the scout. is there a website I can go to check it out, and about how much do they run? thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
Your ask'n the wrong shop (well, Snoop might have some info about it, since he is in the biz).

"Mr. Scout" out of Oregon makes/markets the "Creeper Box". No website that I know of. Maybe someone has his # handy, or you could look it up on one of the many internet "yellow pages"

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
RustoleumWhite said:
Your ask'n the wrong shop (well, Snoop might have some info about it, since he is in the biz).

"Mr. Scout" out of Oregon makes/markets the "Creeper Box". No website that I know of. Maybe someone has his # handy, or you could look it up on one of the many internet "yellow pages"
Mr. Scout's phone number is 541-688-3232. I remember seeing this box once when he was at Tulare's IH Western Regionals. Very nice people to deal with.

Jeff
________
MEDICAL MARIJUANA

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
Eagle-Mark said:
Pictures?

What is it!

No website! :eek: how do we know it's true? :confused:
Mark,

The Mr. Scout creeper box has been around a while. It is a bolt in creeper box for the Scout II. If I remember correctly it is built out of a Dana 20 adn I can't remember if it goes in place of your current TC or in concert with. Just call Mike at the above number. Like Jeff said, they are great people!

·
no strings on me
4,121 Posts
Diesel Smoke said:
Mark,

The Mr. Scout creeper box has been around a while. It is a bolt in creeper box for the Scout II. If I remember correctly it is built out of a Dana 20 adn I can't remember if it goes in place of your current TC or in concert with. Just call Mike at the above number. Like Jeff said, they are great people!

Does anyone have any real world expereince with the install and use of this creeper box??? I am interested in this item but never have heard anything but that Mr. Scout makes this awesome piece of equipment.....

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
YellowIH said:
Does anyone have any real world expereince with the install and use of this creeper box??? I am interested in this item but never have heard anything but that Mr. Scout makes this awesome piece of equipment.....
I think Damian had one in Snoopy.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have installed one in a customers truck. He has a 63 Scout 80, buick v-6, sm 420, crawler box (Mr.Scout), Dana 20, D44's alloy shafts, high steer, PS, fuel injection, 37's, We have run it on the Sierra trek in august and The rubicon a few weeks ago. It has performed very well. It has bronco 2.47 gears, It is actually pretty easy to assemble and install. It shifts smooth. Going up a portion of Cadillac Hill it popped out of low range once. I am not sure why. I think the body torqued and moved the shifter which caused it to pop out. Other than that it has been a great unit. You will have to modify the crossmember to clear the front drive shaft. It was about $1600 with the 2.47 gears.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Dont waste you time or money on the creeper box. it doesnt give you any more strength and for 1600.00 you can get a klune-v to add to your current dana 20 or put a NP205 and have a truly bullet proof set up.Plus you will have a better gearing selection. Or Buy an Atlas for a few bucks(depending on options) more and have a much stronger unit that is BRAND NEW. If these option dont work for you then get the tera-low 3.15 kit along with their 32 spline out put up-grade. You will find in the end that the klune-v or the Atlas units are more cost effective and worth the money!

·
Banned
5,282 Posts
I installed a creeper box in P3 ~ installation was VERY easy, but there are a few things you should know about it. First, you'll need more room under a Scout II floor ~ a 2" body lift or some new humps in the floor will be needed.

There is a 'write up' of sorts on my site. Check out:
http://www.dandcextreme.com/extremebuildups.asp
Click on "Project 3"
Then on "Day 4"

·
Registered
6,864 Posts
Rock Star said:
Dont waste you time or money on the creeper box. it doesnt give you any more strength and for 1600.00 you can get a klune-v to add to your current dana 20 or put a NP205 and have a truly bullet proof set up.Plus you will have a better gearing selection. Or Buy an Atlas for a few bucks(depending on options) more and have a much stronger unit that is BRAND NEW. If these option dont work for you then get the tera-low 3.15 kit along with their 32 spline out put up-grade. You will find in the end that the klune-v or the Atlas units are more cost effective and worth the money!
My thoughts exactly...If Im gonna spend that kind of coin it gonna be new

·
Registered
125 Posts
I think you need to run an adapter to adapt the texas pattern (IH 4spd) to the klune -V. that coupled with the stock 20 or especially the 205 will be pretty long. You would also have to run two crossmembers. Which is not a big deal. I agree the klune -v and or atlas are great units. But for this customer, the ease of installation saved him some money compared to the atlas / klune-v. If I had an auto I would go klune-v no question. Using a jeep tail housing and output shaft. This is one reason it is nice to have different options. Creeper box is a good alt. option.

·
Granite Guru
3,288 Posts
I wouldn't trust the D20 behind the creeper box. Doubling the torque input to a D20 doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling. If you have a V8, the 205 is the only way to go behind any type of crawl box.

·
Registered
125 Posts
dana 20/18 to NP 205 - double case

The creeper box output will only work with a dana 20. An IH 300 will not even work. Good point I have not experienced it with a v-8. It has been holding up well in that 63. That is all I have to go off. I have an interesting set up in my Scout. IT is a hybrid Dana 20/18 with a divorce 205. The front output of the 205 goes into the rear output or the hybrid 18 and transfers through a shaft straight out the front output of the 20/18. IT allows the 20/18 to be in stock location and the 205 is clocked flat and flush with the bottom of the frame. It also allows for a stock front drive shaft to be used. I'm not sure how to put a picture on this board. But it is funky and has held up really well. I am fairly aggresive when I wheel too.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
scoutrallye said:
I think you need to run an adapter to adapt the texas pattern (IH 4spd) to the klune -V.

You would also have to run two crossmembers. .
Yes, you do need a adapter form a texas pattern to a Klune input. This adapter will add about one inch to the length, with the klune box it's about 6 1/2" or so.
Only one crossmember is needed.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts