Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How did you guys set up the tail lights on tail_lights flatbed? When I tried to use one light for the turn signal and brake light the B+ would go thru the brake system from the turn signals and they would both flash. And when I hit the brake, the turn signal dash indicator lights would come on?
-jesse

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Use a flat four trailer convertor to make the back of the truck think it's a trailer :D :D .

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I did the same thing as RE:todd just bought the little 4wire to 3wire trailer adapter. Worked out fine. I even bought one of them with the lights in it. Makes it nice when I am having fawking problems with the lights I can look at there little test light and make sure things are cool until then.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Good timing. I'm about to wire up my tail lights too.

I have 2 wire stop, turn, tail lights. The harness has 4 wires + ground. I havn't even started researching but can I buy a 4 to 2 wire converter for each light? Or how does that work?

·
Registered
27,624 Posts
GO to a place taht sells trailer hitches, or even Wal Mart ahs them. buy one specifically to convert a toyota to a 4 wire flat blade trailer connector. It'll be in a package and is completely plug and play or you can re splice it to the proper length.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I just wired my two wire lights right into the stock harness....I did not use a trailer adapter.....I had one but it didnt work to good so I cut it out

I have the two wire stop/tail lights and seperate blinkers....I just found the three wires that supplied power and used those

edit: reread and saw that you wanted to run it all into one light.

a friend of mine did what was described above on his sammy with the trailer harness but every time he uses the turn signal and applys the brakes the flash gets all cracked out:smokin:

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I don't know the exact name for it. The easiest way is to just go to Wal Mart,go to the automotive section,look for the place they keep all the trailer hitch's,ball's,light's and stuff. There will be several kit's for several different vehicles for hooking trailer lights to that paticular car. Find the kit for your year model Toyota. Follow the instructions and instead of running the wires to the trailer lights run them to your tail lights.:D :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.