Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YA YOU! Guys around 6'2", 250 or so lbs and 38" waist (or more)

Gots to get my wip some new seats! Pretty much am trying to determine whether the to go with the mastercraft rubi's of the PRP Daily Drivers.

Any you all use either them seats? Hows ya tubby ass fit in em? comfortable? I needs me a seat my fat ass will fit in!

Skinny guys... get da fawk out my thread! :flipoff2:

Thanks ya'll! :beer:
Ryan

·
Registered
52 Posts
I got two leather bucket seats out of a 86' BMW. They recline and addjust in like 4 directions but you may want ones out of a 2 door, they have more adjustment. I only paid $125 for both, way cheaper than the others metioned on here :flipoff2: :) . I'm 6'-1 and at one time i was 210 and the seats are comfy as hell, I've even slept in them for a 4 night trip, like a baby. everyone who has ever sat in them know they are way comfy and the leather keeps them from tearing up so easy and wipe off with a damp rag.

Just my .02, Some could say I'm wrong :flipoff2: :smokin:

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
ONLY 250?!?! You're just a wittle guy! I'm same height, 350 and I run a set of PRP's, extra-wide, low-side. I don't know what they call the same model nowadays though. They fit nice and extra comfy. My skinny buds sit in them and they say its like sitting on a couch driving the Bronco.

Dusty

·
Registered
26,624 Posts
I believe Stephen Watson from ORD has the PRP seats and when I rode in his rig last summer, my 6'0" 260 lb fatass fit just fine in them. I think they were the extra wide models, a hell of lot better than the Mastercrafts in several of the race trucks I've ridden in.................. :eek:

·
IH/Rover Moderator
20,917 Posts
I'm 6'1" 220 ,36" waist and have RPR high backs + 2" wide and there great. See RBS in the vendor forum for a great deal.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
hmmm... 5'11" and 255... but all my fatness is out front from teh beer!

the regular ol summit poly race seats actually fit my fatass just fine. they werent mine but i sat in some in a friends apartment (before they were mounted) for a little while and they were comfy.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I have a set of corbuea seat they are wide version. They are good. I just went to pep boys and they had seat I am not sure who made buy but cheap and wide... I am 6'2" 270 and they fit nice....

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replies! I just looked at the mastercraft and PRP sites... PRP is in Murrieta and Master craft is in Santee! Shit.. i can just drive to the places and give em a good sitdown now! WOOT!

·
Premium Member
2,582 Posts
Using Summit Plastic High-back seats..."cozy" :flipoff2:

·
Registered
14,282 Posts
Only thing I don't like about either of those choices is that they don't recline or flip forward. I'm still trying to find the ideal junkyard seat, that will still allow access to the back seat.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'm 6' 5" and near 300lbs. I had the plastic seats and they are ok for a little while. I didn't want to ride in them all day. I've got a set of the PRP daily driver seats coming, in the xwide and xtall version. They should be here at the end of next week.

If you are ready to order now RockBuggySupply has a sale going on, check the vendors section. There's a couple of pics in that thread too.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
PRP daily driver, 6'2", prolly up to 270 by now. Got mine from RBS. I just got Xtall, they're wide enough, Xwide would be pure luxury status.

You can also go to Kartek off the 91 to test out the PRP's...They just label them as their own. Beard is in Anaheim off St. College/91.

·
IH/Rover Moderator
20,917 Posts
Sully said:
Only thing I don't like about either of those choices is that they don't recline or flip forward. I'm still trying to find the ideal junkyard seat, that will still allow access to the back seat.
Just use a CJ pass side seat mount.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
APC makes one that looks like corbeau 169.00 @ pepboys
DAVE

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Sully said:
The problem I've had with my "junkyard" seats is that they just don't hold up well. I have a pair of captains chairs from an Astro Van that were pretty comfortable when I got them, and have an adjustable back as well as arm rests, but broke down way to quick. Sitting on an steep incline, or back-seat passengers pulling on the seatback, basically bends the crap out of them.

Pete

·
Change is good.
35,183 Posts
Well @ 5' 12" and 225lbs of Love n' Fun, I've always considered myself a Clydesdale, but dawm, ya'll a bunch fat asses!

Oh, the seats...I have leather seats from a Mistubishi Starion/Dodge Conquest from the 80's, and they're fine as long as they're broken in, (duh, they're almost 20 years old), but the butt padding is kinda thin. Work well in my Toy, as they're real low-pro, tilt, slide and adjust.

Doc

·
Registered
328 Posts
I am 6'1" and 340'ish. I am a big boy :flipoff2:

I talked to RBS about thier PRP's and ended up with 4" wider than normal seats. They are the most comfortable seats I have ever sat on. I think they can go up to 5" wider than stock before you have to order a bench seat :flipoff2:

I will get pics soon.

Thanks Ross

1 - 20 of 31 Posts