Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Broke
1,031 Posts
One gripe I have about the tekton sockets I have gotten, all impacts, is that the size is not staked, only laser etched. So if you have them in a truck took box in the blow case or in a rail the rub off pretty shortly. Or if you run them down a hole rubbing, or scratch them.

·
Registered
613 Posts
One gripe I have about the tekton sockets I have gotten, all impacts, is that the size is not staked, only laser etched. So if you have them in a truck took box in the blow case or in a rail the rub off pretty shortly. Or if you run them down a hole rubbing, or scratch them.
Had same issue with 3/8 drive Williams deep impacts I got on amazon. Sunex is a little more than tekton but have a set of 1/2 impact that have held up the year I've had them. Engraved sizes.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Im looking forward to buying some HF Icon stuff, I needed a shit load of tools in a short amount of time for a job I Took (Basically had to start with $2500 worth of tools on start date). I had only a few screw drivers at that time so I went to HF with a open check. I Bought almost $2500 including a toolbox to house the stuff. I told my wife as I broke them, Id buy the next one from Snap on, Well. 10 years now and I have maybe $400 worth of snap on tools. ALL the sockets have held up. Ratchets Ive broken and replaced with snap on or Carlyle from napa. About the only thing I Like from snap on is the FDX Sockets and you can't beat their wrenches.

·
Wut?
14,914 Posts
You know you can send them in right? A lot of times they will give you a shipping slip too. Even if they don't a flat rate padded envelope is cheap and is plenty for most tool warranties.
you know that 9 times out of 10 the will find some reason to not warranty it, or fuck up and send you back the broken tool, or better yet pull the "must have got lost in shipping" shit.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
10 years now and I have maybe $400 worth of snap on tools. ALL the sockets have held up.
So you have a single 9/16 wrench for that $400:flipoff2:

I have several Tekton ratchets, wrenches and screw drivers that I bought and haven't had any issues with them at all. Watching some of the YouTube tool reviews and I have seen that you can just email Tekton a picture of your broken tools and they will send you a new one rather than you having to send it in to them. I've never needed to but that sounds cool if true.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
I've been picking up the Pittsburg Pro stuff lately.

I like it, I use a $5 off coupon and grab something every time I go in.

·
Registered
714 Posts
you know that 9 times out of 10 the will find some reason to not warranty it, or fuck up and send you back the broken tool, or better yet pull the "must have got lost in shipping" shit.
That's not true at all. They stand behind their crap. I've sent tools back to matco and snapon and had great experiences.

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
any time i break snap on stuff, i send it in with a buddy of mine that is a full time mechanic. they always warranty it.
snap on sure as hell cost to much, but it is the best. my high country chevy cost to much also. but it sure is nice to use. i love my snap on 1/4" sockets and ratchets. hell i have 4 different 1/4" ratchets. i use the shit out of them on ls stuff.

·
Wut?
14,914 Posts
That's not true at all. They stand behind their crap. I've sent tools back to matco and snapon and had great experiences.
LOL sure sparky, whatever you want to think. :laughing:

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Never had a issue myself, actually turn around is faster than waiting for a truck, them not having it in stock and waiting for them to order it. I've done it with Matco, Snap on and SK over the years with no issues.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I bought the HF Icon snap ring plier set about a year ago nice set for the money I haven't used it much since then. I don't buy tools very often anymore but if I need something they are my go to store since they opened a store where I live.

I bought a lot of snap-on and matco back in the 90's at my first job I still use them to this day not much issues with shit breaking. The snap-on truck comes around a couple times a month never had any issues get tools replaced or repaired I haven't seen a mac or matco truck in a long time guess depends on the area or dealer. I have exchange friends tools with out any questions from the snap-on guys I guess that can vary by area or driver also.

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
I lost a "Gearwrench" while working on installing an antenna on my roof. The fucking wrench was sitting in the rain gutter for over three years. The wrench looked like shit, but after a little clean up, it worked and looked like new. Not a speck of rust on it. :smokin:

·
Registered
613 Posts
I have a sk set of wobble impacts that only goes up to 15/16. Want an 1 1/8. Was getting some cat parts and started looking at their tools this week. Found part number for 1/2 drive 1 1/8 universal impact but wouldn't give me a price online. Called up my dealer and they told me $25. Looking on snap on website I think it was $82. I've been told by some cat mechanics, cat tools are re labeled snap on tools. Warranties through cat same as tool truck. I ordered it. 25 might have been due to company account. Regardless if I see something I like on a truck, I'm going to check with cat before I get it now

·
Registered
10,595 Posts
The 20% coupon is a pretty good deal. They had a 25% off coupon after SEMA but it was a limit of 1 item. With the new one there is not a limit on items. I grabbed a 1/2” ratchet today for under $35 and it’s nice, leaps and bounds nicer than the craftsman stuff I have been using for years. Also got a set of the Icon impact sockets to try out. They are a bit speedy compared to the normal stuff that works fine. But sometimes you have to roll the dice.

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
Snap-On hate
do you even have any Snap-On tools? Have you personally attempted to warranty them? how did they break? What the the dealer say when you brought them back?

Or is your opinion based solely on assumptions and/or what you have read on the internet?

·
Registered
14,555 Posts
Anyone who buys crap-on shit off ebay/etc... is a fucking moron. No truck is going to exchange shit or send it in for work. Oh they SAY they will, but they won't, none of the drivers/dealers will.

HF stuff, you run down, exchange, go back and keep working.
Most of my massive assortment of Snapon stuff is second hand. I have literally never had a problem getting anything warrantied.

Stop talking out your ass. The echo is annoying :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
some of the Icon stuff doesn`t look too bad, the impact sockets seem alright but the price per set is approaching some better brands retail, all my impact stuff is Grey pneumatic, much cheaper than Snap On or Mac and sold on the Mac truck so they warranty the stuff too, I haven`t broken one yet and the couple i`ve worn out were exchanged no questions asked.

41 - 60 of 87 Posts