Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone has to know the thread I am thinking of where the guy bought one of those HF 6.5 HP Honda clones and was hopping it up. I believe he was building either a go kart or a mini bike. I was wanting to see exactly what he did and where he got parts from. Just bought a kart with a 10hp Tecumseh on it but I know I'm likely to blow it up like the PO did with a previous engine.
It's kinda a sketchy thing as it has a homemade front axle using trailer hubs and zero camber/caster or KPI. Has hydraulic disc brakes, but linkage is messed up so they only half work.

·
Premium Member
2,906 Posts
I think you may be referring to me. 87manche didn't hopped up his.

I built my engines with go-fast parts from ARC Racing. Excellent service and quality parts.

Ditch the 10hp and buy one of HF's engine. Highly modifiable and cheap.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Are these engines worth a shit? I loaned my generator/welder out and dude didn't check the oil now it has a hole in the block. I was specifically looking at the 22hp Vtwin
22 HP (670cc) V-Twin Horizontal Shaft Gas Engine EPA
Probably not going to find the same taper shaft, make sure before you buy.

In that size, you'd probably be better off fixing what you have. I've welded up a lot of holes in small engine blocks. Polish the crank and put in new rods and put another 2000 hours on it.

·
Premium Member
2,906 Posts
Mines totally stock.
Worked two seasons in the mini bike wfo. No issues.
Shave the head, re-jet the carb, $25 cam from ARC Racing, Torque Converter =
Wheelies all day and over 50 mph top speed on a Baja Warrior (with stock governor still intact and functioning, set at max) and that's just beginning of hopping them 212cc predators up :smokin:

·
Premium Member
8,792 Posts

In that size, you'd probably be better off fixing what you have. I've welded up a lot of holes in small engine blocks. Polish the crank and put in new rods and put another 2000 hours on it.
I have an old Lincoln welder/generator that had an 18HP briggs that shit the bed, and you're right, they have a tapered shaft that will not be common. I took my blown up engine and cut the tapered end off the crank so I can either use it to make an adapter or measure off of it and modify another engine crank someday...

·
Registered
5,039 Posts

I hadn't thought of that. I do have a syncrowave collecting dust.

I have an old Lincoln welder/generator that had an 18HP briggs that shit the bed, and you're right, they have a tapered shaft that will not be common. I took my blown up engine and cut the tapered end off the crank so I can either use it to make an adapter or measure off of it and modify another engine crank someday...
I haven't really got deep into it, it just happened Saturday. But there is definitely a hole in the block.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I did one. It was a 212 predator with a ARC billet rod, ARC billet flywheel, ISKY black momba cam, homemade exhaust, welded combustion chamber, stiffer valve springs, homemade intake, Mikuni VM26-606 carb.

The power gains were minimal. Get the larger 420cc predator engine it you want more pwer

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I have an 11 hp Predator on my log splitter and it runs great. Starts first or second pull no matter how long it sits between uses. When it get's used it runs wfo for a few hours at a time, going on three or four years now.
If you want power out of the 6.5 then convert it to methanol :grinpimp:
That's what we did back in our go cart racing days.
A little timing advance, larger jets and a straight pipe. :eek:

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
Hit up bobs 4 cycle and get modding.

FYI if your coming down a big hill and wind the motor way up you'll blow the case right apart.

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
I just bought a 420cc for an old garden tractor project. Have not used it yet or worked on it much as I have other things going on right now. I took it apart a bit and so far it looks OK.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts