Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe I'm posting this...

Jesse ripped me off for $1,100. If you decide to do business with him, check your credit card statement and if you don't get what you paid for start a credit card dispute sooner rather than later. He knows the game better than you do.

August 2020 I was stepping up the torque enough in my trail rig that I felt the Dana 300 needed a 32 spline output. While I was at it I figured a t-case brake would be a good idea. I could have ordered most of the parts from a big vendor, but wanted to send some business to the little guys who are no doubt hurting due to COVID. So I called Jesse with a long list from Advance Adapters to rebuild the Dana 300, gave him measurements for a rear driveshaft, asked for a 1350 yoke for the rear axle. One stop shopping.

I get the parts from Advance Adapters right away. This is a crazy time finishing the engine swap, getting ready for a trip to Moab. A week before the trip I still haven't gotten anything Jesse was making so I call. "Well, I wasn't quite sure how the length would work out since the 32 spine output is a little longer." I'm like, dude, I'm leaving in a week, I'll put the old t-case and driveshaft in and we can sort this out later. This dropped off my radar until December. Then the delay tactics kick in. Jesse is going out of town for a week and will get with me when he returns. I'm at lunch and will look into it when I get back to the shop. Oh yeah, I had problems with a couple of orders back in August, let me check it out. Finally he won't even pick up the phone when I call. By the time I was done being a nice guy it was too late and I'm past the credit card dispute window. Fawk me.

·
Premium Member
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just talked with Jess. No lame excuses, he just made it all good.

High Angle is back on my "good vendor" list!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts