Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We are still looking for sponsors to donate items to be raffled off. Basically all the entry money will be given back to racers and the raffle money will go to the club for putting on the event. If anyone is interested please contect me. Thank you.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Matt, can we show up Sunday for the Crawl and get teched then or do we have to be there on Sat for the tech inspection? I think I know the answer but don't want to be surprised.

Thanks
ROB

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
can someone run in both the rock crawl and the desert race?

·
Premium Member
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Matt, can we show up Sunday for the Crawl and get teched then or do we have to be there on Sat for the tech inspection? I think I know the answer but don't want to be surprised.

Thanks
ROB
Yes the Saturday tech is for the desert race.

can someone run in both the rock crawl and the desert race?
yeah. We tried to leave enough room between events for any repairs or adjustments.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Cool, Looking forward to it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I will be there with the old race truck for sure. We will see if i can break my bad luck at the Powell track this year.And keep all of the tires the whole race.:D:D

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
sounds like there will be a group coming up from S. Dak again. Rumor is 10 trucks, we will see what happens closer to te event.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Looks like fun wish i still had race truck might bring old ford down for rock crawl have to see what the budget(wife) says.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Looking forward to it!

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I'll be there. I don't want to post pics of the rig because it would depress me with how much I have to do yet. Like finish the trash can 302, install the 3rd member, new studs and rear brakes, door bars, tranny, cross member, wiring, dash, belts, shifter, gauges, CRAP!

I better quit typing and get wrenching!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
ill try to come up from laramie. ill help if its needed anywhere

·
Premium Member
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got the rock course mostly ready today along with a few changes to the race track. I got stuck and had to winch, broke a mirror, and broke a front axle shaft on the rock course (haven't pulled apart but assuming its the neck down short inner shaft and not the chromoly stub). It has some interesting lines, should be fun.

·
Premium Member
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How long is this race going to be? I heard 70 miles but i also heard a time limit. And on the rock crawling course will it be timed or points?

It is 20 laps, 70 miles, same as the wild west.
Our past races have been hour long but can be confusing for who wins in lap count per hour vs straight laps.

Rock crawl follows werock type rules. Cone/point. Time limit is a point penalty.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts