Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one here tow with some high hp as in 350+ at the rear wheels on there diesel. i am fixing to kick mine up in the 375 to 400+ range and i was just seeing if anyone has run into troubles with it. i have been all over the diesel sites, just looking for straight up answers. i know i will have to replace my turbo to use 400 hp for any real lenght of time. i have the injectors and the fueling plate is on the way. i have to hook up my gages and put on the new exhaust. plus the clutch will need to be replaced. i have took all this into account. do i have it all covered? and i just might enter a sled pull or two[yea its the redneck in me coming out] plus the diesel dyno days[hell of a good excuse to flog your truck, and drink some beer. mike

·
Registered
20 Posts
JUST DO NOT LET SOME CLOWN TELL YOU TO GET BANKS. IF YOU WANT PERFORMANCE AND YOU ARE WILLING TO PAY A FAIR PRICE FOR IT THEN YOU SHOULD GIVE JEFF AT SIERRA DIESEL A CALL. HE HAS DONE 3 SEPERATE DIESELS FOR ME. HE HIS WORK AND HIS WORD HAVE YET TO BE PROVEN WRONG. MY TRUCK WOULD EASIELY SPANK ANY TRUCK SET UP WITH BANKS. YET IS STILL HAS UNBEATABLE RELIABILITY, MY EGT'S HAVE GONE DOWN OVER 200 DEGREES WITH THE UPGRADES THAT JEFF HAS DONE WHILE AT THE SAME TIME HE HAS INCREASED BOTH HORSE POWER AND TORQUE CONSIDERABLY. JEFF WILL TAKE THE MONEY YOU HAVE AVAILABLE AND CREATE A VERY RELIABLE RIG THAT WILL SHINE ESPECIALLY WHEN TOWING A LOAD. HIS NUMBER IS 775-329-4232.

·
Registered
795 Posts
gunracer I dont know for sure but I would say I am putting over 400 hp to the rear wheels on my f450 4x4 PSD. The biggest help was buying a H2e Turbo from hypermax lowered my egt's almost 200 degrees and added 75 hp. Here is what I ahve done so far TS flip chip 75 and 125hp
bullydog propane 100 hp
h2e turbo 75 hp
5" bully dog exhaust 10 hp
mac air intake 10 hp
50 hp injectors 50 hp
---------------------------------------
370 hp MAX
STOCK 235 hp

TOTAL maxed out 605 hp
at WOT and maxed egt;s around 1175 pre turbo:D

oh yea south bend clutch to handle it HA HA HA

·
Registered
20 Posts
I also have the Hypermax turbo on my truck with a 80 horse programible chip, not to mention the 5" exaust and other performance upgrades. Like the fugitive said my EGT's have gone down drasticly (the most detrimental thing for a diesel). My boost is only approx 24LBS with the Hypermax turbo. My last truck pulled 30LBS boost with lower EGT's than stock but, this one would still spank my last truck with even lower EGT's. In my opinion this turbo shines in the mids.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Looks good to me Mike. Get a big ass turbo or better yet, get some twins and you'll be all smiles when you're driving laying down some smoke..:D

Charles

1 - 6 of 6 Posts