Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
High Steer kits

I was wondering what the best deal is on High steer and who makes the better prodcut.

I caught a glimps of the highsteer with steering linkage behind the axle, seems like a great idea?

·
Premium Member
3,587 Posts
i just bought one of those from luke at www.4x4labs.com ......it is sweat......BIG one ton ends with a fat tierod too......it will be going on in a few weeks when i do the soa......:D ......he makes them to fit the 77 40 disc break knuckles too.....
glenn

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A little pricier than the others, you gotta like the idea behind the design.

I like it a lot!!!!!!!!

Rob

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
It is a great idea to have the tie-rod behind the axle, but with my hi-steer, I've never even touched the tie-rod on anything... I guess it's possible, but it's reallly up there!

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
I've got the AllPro arms and have no complaints...some recommendations on other who ran them is what led me there.

One issue with ALL the arms is their amount of lift...the AllPro's with my 5/8" heim joints and 1-1/2" OD rods clears my front leaf packs by less than 1/4"...perfect. My drag link contacts the frame on hard compression on the passenger side already...

Sky's are taller IIRC and would contact the frame that much earlier. Rockstompers are flat IIRC and wouldn't clear the leaf packs.

I run 9 leaf packs (stock 8-leaf FJ55 rears plus one)

·
Premium Member
3,587 Posts
i believe www.4x4labs.com arms come in 3 different configurations to clear various types of spring packs and lifts......they are a little spendy.......but wworth it imo...

glenn

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Give ron a call at customcruisersfj40 in Gilroy, He makes a nice set of arms and tierods at a decent price..

I plan on running them on my rig as soon as I get the axles swung under it.

408-842-FJ40 (3540) or e-mail us: [email protected]
25 Buena Vista Ave
Gilroy, CA 95020

·
Registered
301 Posts
I'm running 4x4labs hysteer, originally I wanted fj80 tie-rod ends but after seeing the 1 ton ends I changed my mind:

/td

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Luke might have different heights of arms, but in looking at td's pic, that would not clear my springs. Sharp lookin product tho!!

·
Registered
281 Posts
I went with the All-Pro arms and got the rods built by www.rockstomper.com

Tough as nails. No clearance problems with SR SO with the front springs reversed and the frame extended 2 1/2"

Cheers,

tp

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
I bought the Allpro arms a couple weeks ago. Still have not installed them yet. They look good, and they had a good sale on them.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I like sales!!!!!!!!

The BLING factor on the Lab arm is good , in the end if they perform simular I think the All Pros will be the way to go.

Rob

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
hi-steer

call Luke at 4x4Labs and quit fussing around. The design on his arms has a lot of research behind it and he just quoted me $500.00 for the arms and rods and ends. He also has them for drum brake knuckles which is the smaller pattern. I am going to run the Man-a-Fre front disc kit that uses all the Drum stuff with Luke's steering arms. The benefit is tie rod behind axle and disc brakes , the down side is I will still be running drum style birfields. I have collected so many spares from guys who have switched to mini stuff that I will run this set-up until I run out of birfields

·
Registered
614 Posts
Re: hi-steer

peesalot said:
call Luke at 4x4Labs and quit fussing around. The design on his arms has a lot of research behind it and he just quoted me $500.00 for the arms and rods and ends. He also has them for drum brake knuckles which is the smaller pattern. I am going to run the Man-a-Fre front disc kit that uses all the Drum stuff with Luke's steering arms. The benefit is tie rod behind axle and disc brakes , the down side is I will still be running drum style birfields. I have collected so many spares from guys who have switched to mini stuff that I will run this set-up until I run out of birfields
Any idea what the arms are made of?

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Re: Re: hi-steer

Overlord said:

Any idea what the arms are made of?
metal?

Actually, in reading his site, it appears they are steel, since he makes note of custom bending to address various caster degrees and ackerman issues.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Re: Re: Re: hi-steer

woody said:

metal?

Actually, in reading his site, it appears they are steel, since he makes note of custom bending to address various caster degrees and ackerman issues.
But they look like they're made of plastic?!?:rolleyes: :flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts