Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about putting a taurus fan in my 94 Amigo 2.6 to try and free up a couple of ponies. Thinking I should try and get a bigger alternator. Strictly looking for a boneyard unit that will bolt up and give a few more amps. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
22 Posts
The alternator from the Taurus (Ford 3G alt.) is a good one...135 Amps or so, and it can be bolted onto the 2.6 with just a little bit of creativity.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
i think the subaru hitachi alts could be used w/ very little modification..........i have eyeballed them a few times in the yards

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
i am running a taurus fan with my 2.6 (btw the fan literaly bolts up to the stock radiator) and the stock alternator. it doesnt seem to bother the stock alternator at all.
when i kill the stock one i will upgrade

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the Taurus fan as well, and the stock alternator was fine with it except on a certain 105* day, when the fan was on high speed.
I now have only the low speed wired-up to the temp. switch (because I'm lame) and even that works just fine.
The biggest reason I put the Ford alternator on there is because the rest of you dirty bastards corrupted me and I had just bought a pair of "Monster Garage" mechanic's gloves. :flipoff2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts