Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
4x4 Consultant
7,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres a link I found for the Freds Fire raging up near Kyburz on HWY 50. Looks as though its really burning badly. I hope they get a handle on it. I have seen that it has also passed Granite Springs Rd and is now into the Old Burn area at the Top of Ice House Rd.

If your planning a Rubicon or Barrent trip I would cancel.

HWY 50 is still closed from Pollock Pines to Meyers. There is a layer of ash on everything at our house. I work in Sacramento and there is ash on my truck outside...............

Best of luck to the Firefighters and crews working hard to put it out :(

Link: http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/eldorado/incident/fred/news/fred_update_1014am.pdf

·
Registered
540 Posts
no doubt. i was going to go fishing on saturday at Loon. not anymore.
i think there is supposed to be a little rain up there late this weekend. hopefully that will help contain it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
The ash makes it a pain to even be outside in Sacramento. Breathing this stuff sucks. I do have to admit the color of the Sky looks amazing.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Hey all, thanks for the heads up.
My father-in-law has a cabin south shore of the American river between the St. Pauli and Kybrz. Can you tell me if the fire has been to the south side of 50?
Thanks

·
4x4 Consultant
7,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont know...................I would call the number for the FS and ask. Its in the Web Addy I posted.

Good Luck

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
MellowYellow said:
Hey all, thanks for the heads up.
My father-in-law has a cabin south shore of the American river between the St. Pauli and Kybrz. Can you tell me if the fire has been to the south side of 50?
Thanks
No structures have been lost(actually, 2 pump houses but no homes). The fire is moving in a North/westerly direction. It's almost to IceHouse Res.

The fire is spotting 1/2 mile infront of the main fireline. :eek: :( I keep seeing firetrucks heading up there.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Yes, I was told the fire is on both sides of the freeway, Kyburz was evacuated.

edit: according to that statement it looks to only be North of 50

·
4x4 Consultant
7,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Disco said:
No structures have been lost(actually, 2 pump houses but no homes). The fire is moving in a North/westerly direction. It's almost to IceHouse Res.

The fire is spotting 1/2 mile infront of the main fireline. :eek: :( I keep seeing firetrucks heading up there.
A fire that is "Spotting" is the worst. I am headed home now and am curoius to see what the area looks like.

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
any pictures of this yet?

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
The sun form Placerville today around 8:30 AM

Alot of ash here in Folsom and the air quality sucks :(

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Why cancel trips to the Rubicon:question:
Why not just head in through Georgetown and the Wentworth Springs Road?

·
Premium Member
5,906 Posts
Robert said:
I would be surprised if that road is open past Tom's over to Icehouse. It was closed during the Clevlend Fire in 1992. Best to call if you really really need to get to the Rubicon. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,973 Posts
It's very eerie looking at the sun, it kind of creeps me out like its a bad omen or something :( I hope they can get this contained before more damage is done :(

·
Premium Member
5,906 Posts
It looks like the fire is almost to Icehouse road. Send out your best to the floks at Icehouse Resort too. They are within a mile of the fireline as of 5:30 this morning.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
I wish there was something we could do :(
Maybe some of us should go up and feed the fire fighters or something :confused:

These are from Folsom about 8:00 am, its hard to breath here :barf:

This is the same picture as the last on....... on a clear day :eek:

·
4x4 Consultant
7,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Robert said:
Well I guess if ya gotta ask ya just dont know the mountains and fires very well. :rolleyes: I am only suggesting this so the roads can stay clear and all of the resourses can be put on this fire.

Imagine getting in a freak accident on Icehouse or the Con and the county or Law Enforcement having to divert resourses to come help you out..........they are busy enough IMHO.

The smoke is terrible in Pollock Pines.......for once I am glad to be at work in Sacramento and not at home in the woods.

I can only imagine the smoke on the Con.

I heard on KCRA 3 this morning that it grew 2000 acres last night :(

1 - 20 of 23 Posts