Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO I WENT TO HOLLISTER TODAY TO TEST THE NEW TO RIG AND PLAY A LITTLE HARDER THAN USUAL........HOLY SHIT I DIDNT KNOW WHAT I WAS IN FOR.

THE LITTLE 1/2 TON TOW RIG DID AWSOME NO PROBS AT ALL TOWED SWEET ALL THE WAY.

AFTER WARMING UP IN THE ROCK GARDEN AND PINCH ROCK.....NO CARNAGE SO FAR AND IT WAS STILL EARLY SO WE DECIDED TO RUN TANK. IT WAS MY BUDDY AND I. PULLED UP TO THE FIRST HILL ........ONE BIG RUT AND A FOUR FOOT HOLE FIVE FEET WIDE AT THE TOP.....WINCHED THE FIRST HILL .

SECOND HILL.ONE BIG RUT AGAIN NO HOLE.....WINCH AGAIN.

CRUZAH WOULDNT START......BASICALLY HAD TO REWIRE THE IGITION SWITCH AND STARTER SWITCH.......

YA KNOW WHATS GANNA HAPPEN NEXT

THE ROCK LEDGE.....YEP WINCH AGAIN....

AT THE TOP OF THE ROCK HILL HUGE RUT WINCH AGAIN...

ABOUT 100 FT PAST THAT AFTER TWO MORE WINCHES........
CRACK....A FRONT U JOINT.....
FAWKFAWKFAWKFAWKFAWK......
DIDNT WANNA FIX IT THERE SHOULDA,BUT IT WAS ON THE INSIDE AGAINST THE WALL ANYWAYS ANOTHA50 FT TILL A FLAT..

WINCHING AGIAN MY BATTERY DIDNT LIKE IT AND DIED AND WHEN MY POS CARB STALLED MY ENGINE WE HAD TO JUMP IT WITH CABLES WHAT A PITA.

WINCHING MY WAY OUT OF TANK.....RIGHT BEFORE THE SLICK ROCK STEPS I CAME DOWN ON MY FONTY SHAFT HARD ON A ROCK.....IT DIDNT BUST,BUT I GUESS IT DIDNT WANNA COMPRESS EITHER CAUSE HALFWAY UP MY CRUZAH WOULDNT GO....BIG EXAUST LEAK ANG A NOISE COMING FROM BELOW.....

LOOK DOWN AND MY 464 205 ADAPTER BROKE AND PUSHED MY CASE BACK....FAWKFAWKFAWK.....
STARTED WINCHING MY ASS OUT HOPING TO MAKE IT..

MY REAR SHAFT ANGLE IS ALREADY FAWKED AND THE 3" THAT MY CASE MOVE BINDED THE CV AND MY REAR 60 LOCKEDUP....HAD TO PULL THE REAR SHAFT TO ROLL.....

FINALLY AFTER HOURS OF WINCHING AND STRAPPING MY CRUZAH WAS OUT OF THE TANK TRAP WITH...........

THE FRONT SHAFT BENT AND HANGING SEPARATED......
BROKEN FRONT JOINT AND INNER OUTER AXLES THRASHED......
DRIPPING GEAR OIL FROM MY BUSTED ADAPTER........
REAR CV ZIP TIED TO THE FLOORBOARDS ......
WINCH CABLE FREYED MESS.......MMMMMMMMROPE
A HOLE IN MY FLOWMASTER FROM THE 205.........

BIG THNX FOR THE HELP TO GET MY CRUZAH OUT

ILL HAVE PICS SOON

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I LIKE CAPS LOCK.....:flipoff2:

·
Registered
350 Posts
71RCKCRZR RYAN said:
I LIKE CAPS LOCK.....:flipoff2:
is that like the need to over compensate w/caps for lacking prowess in another arena? :flipoff2: lose the caps dickwad, you're not in kindergarten anymore :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Damn, Tanktrap sure has changed since I used to run it in my 2.5" lifted 30" shod 89 SuperCab Ranger! I kid you not, 11-12 years ago it was labelled a single black diamond.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
i was out there watching them doing the tank trap. i video taped some of it. we were there about an hour and they only made it up about 4 hills. glad you made it out though.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
THNX.......

NOW I GATTA SPEND THE NEXT FEW WEEKS WORKIN ON CUSTOMERS RIGS UNTIL I HAVE TIME AND $$ TO FIX MY LITTLE VENTURE:D

·
Premium Member
9,571 Posts
FINALLY AFTER HOURS OF WINCHING AND STRAPPING MY CRUZAH WAS OUT OF THE TANK TRAP WITH...........
So with that much winching and breakage, did you ever consider winching yourself around and retreating?

Me, I've always preferred winching BACK over winching FORWARD...

Randii

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
i used to laugh at people who mentionned hollister hills OHVA, but tank trap can serve up a good ass kickin! especially this time of year, it must have beeen slicker than the boarshit in the poison oak:D

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ONCE YOUR IN THERE IS NO TURNING AROUND......YOU CAN BACK UP BUT THAT WAS A LONG WAY TO BACKUP...ESPECIALLY AFTER HAVING TO WINCH UP THE FIRST HILLS.......WOULDA PROBABLY HAD TO WINCH DOWN THEM TOO........

YUP IT WAS PERTY SLICK....NO MUDHOLES THO:D

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
DID YA SEE THAT HOLE.....HILL #1:eek:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts