·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Feel free to brighten or darken the pics to enhance them a bit. My camera phone wasnt the greatest, but it worked for the most part.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
WEAR YOUR SEATBELTS!! This happened today...guy rolled about 20ish times...stock dodge ram.

and ummm dont run Firestone for trailer tires KAAAAAAAABOOOOM :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
2005 Xterra Off-Road Locked
310 Posts
Hollister is always fun, but if you're driving on useless "M&S" street tires when it's wet it can be a f*cking nightmare in that clay-like crap. Don't ask me how I know (...when I started offroading a few years back...in my useless "M&S" tires.... :shaking: ) :D

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
This has nothing to do with Holister, but the rig that was there....
chris408 said:

Does that sticker on the front fender say"Rhodebuilt"? :confused: If it does, I know the previous owner who lived in Chico. I should have some old pics of that rig if it is.:flipoff2:

Just checked my photos, it is. Cool.

Old pics of that rig back in 2002....

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I have been on all the obsticles except this one?
Was this added to frame twister?
It's been about 4-5 yrs since my valley days!!

Noticed they put big metal polls around the outside to keep people from climbing the sides!!

The old wood ones didn't stop too many!

This was my first trip to Hollister. The one that got me hooked.
It was all down hill from there.
I assume the Twistedaxle guys are all gone now!!
Twisted Axle gathering

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
33 Posts
Those kids in the dodge ram were being stupid all day we saw them about an hour before they rolled and just said to our selves...accident waiting to happen...

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That obstacle is called rock squeeze or something around that name...it is right before frame twister.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Are the kids OK?

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
They were alive when they were airlifted out, lost a lot of blood. I don't know how they are now.

If driver is still alive he might get yet "another" DUI.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I call them kids I think they were mid to late teens...maybe early 20's...now that I am whopping 31 they are all kids to me...:)

I hope they live to learn their lesson then learn it...no seatbelts when we saw them driving around and the one kid was wearing no shirt in 35 degree weather...had to be on something we were all freezing our asses off.

·
"All Weeee Drive!"
12,033 Posts
Sucks that it happened.

At least with this Darwin award, they didn't bring any innocent bystanders with them.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Park Ranger gave me update this morning, one released last night, taken straight to jail for DUI. The other is still in the hospital.

·
Registered
623 Posts
scout254 said:
This has nothing to do with Holister, but the rig that was there....
chris408 said:

Does that sticker on the front fender say"Rhodebuilt"? :confused: If it does, I know the previous owner who lived in Chico. I should have some old pics of that rig if it is.:flipoff2:

Just checked my photos, it is. Cool.

Old pics of that rig back in 2002....

Yep thats the same truck

1 - 20 of 46 Posts