Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im goin to be at hollister On Saturday moning about 9am. Goin to do the tank traps and play in the playground a little. any1 else goin to be around?

·
Registered
323 Posts
I am planning to head there for the weekend on Friday morning, but, my truck is not very capable.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Not to down play anyones truck, but what are the requirements to attempt this trail? More for future reference. BUt other then the solid axle, I don't se a huge difference between the Jeep and my BII, except mine is uglier:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
71RCKCRZR RYAN said:
IF YOUR GANNA RUN TANK BE SURE TO DO IT FIRST THING. AND GO PREPARED WITH STRAPS AND A FEW BUDDIES FOR CLIMBING IN THE BUSH.:D

MAKE SURE TO TAKE PICS AND HAVE FUN:D

HERES MY STORY FROM THIS PAST SAT
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=114454

i know dude! i hope our trip dose turn out like that, :gulp: looked fun though :), done it before though so we arent in over our heads.

sidewalk: well........ you need body protection and lots of it, or have balls of steel, because if you dont you wont have a machine left over with at the end. plus a winch is a MUST. lockers ect....

·
Registered
449 Posts
Sidewalk said:
Not to down play anyones truck, but what are the requirements to attempt this trail? More for future reference. BUt other then the solid axle, I don't se a huge difference between the Jeep and my BII, except mine is uglier:flipoff2:
locked F and R (at least R), winch, armor, and you might want bigger tires, although completely possible w/33s (or 32s? you said both on your site)

·
Registered
323 Posts
hey its daver said:

locked F and R (at least R), winch, armor, and you might want bigger tires, although completely possible w/33s (or 32s? you said both on your site)
I should have my welded rear in before I go. Body damage is the least of my worries. Winch, I don't got. My site says I have a 32 for a spare, but I just changed that...

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
RIGHT NOW YOU CANT EVEN MAKE IT OVER THE FIRST HILL WITHOUT A WINCH:D

·
Registered
323 Posts
My intentions were to watch, and see what I need.

I don't see myself getting a winch within the next few years. Just don't see it in the stars.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Any of you end up going? It did rain.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no rain on sat. but we got our ass kicked in the tank trap. did you happen to see us commin out on 3 tires and 1 rim??

·
Registered
323 Posts
Can't say I did.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.