1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to stay off this Glock forum :shaking:
Dude asks about Fobus holsters.
This is some desk warriors' reply
http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...l=3&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

give me a fucking break. :shaking:
one, the chances of that scenario actualy playing out are SLIM.
Second, so now the guy has a gun IN a holster while I am beating the fuck out of him because he cant fire it. Oh and I am just gonna stand there while you try to take my weapon :laughing::shaking::laughing:

Maybe I should make some craptacular desk warrior videos
"and if the assailant comes up from behind you and cracks you in the head with a pipe, notice how easy he can remove your weapon from its retention"

·
I build stuff
24,247 Posts
Was it ChoYunFat(sp) in that one movie the removed the slide off the M9 as another guy is trying to shoot him?

Same sort of idea I guess.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
he never saw Rush Hour and learned how to take the gun away and point it at the attacker?

idiot...

did they just ruin a $37 holster?

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Was it ChoYunFat(sp) in that one movie the removed the slide off the M9 as another guy is trying to shoot him?

Stripping the slide off a M9 / Model 92 is the oldest trick in the book. Sure you can do it in a half second, if you can get that close.....which is pretty unlikely to ever happen. Go ahead and try it sometime. It's called the Darwin effect... :D

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts

was that replacement killers? i have definatly seen that but can't quite remember what movie it was.

·
I build stuff
24,247 Posts
The point I was trying to make is that the original idea "Don't buy this holster because this will happen"
is like saying "don't buy an M9 because this will happen to you"

:lmao:

·
I build stuff
24,247 Posts
Do you seriously expect more? It's like watching a bunch of retarded 8 year olds wielding butter knives in a room with 50 electrical outlets.
So a group of rednecks that build vehicles from poop pipe welded together with coat hanger rod know better ;)

Doc, where is the OP, I haven't found it.

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
That video doesn't change the fact that Fobus is shit.

Go buy your ass a comp-tac. Or at least a blade-tech. If you're gonna be cheap, build another one out of some crap you've got lying around, or at least use an uncle mikes.

I seriously watched one of our guys split a fobus belt holster IN HALF by holstering his Kimber. He had it for 6 weeks. I shit you not - it pulled the cheap little 'rivets' clean through the plastic. His shiny 1911 and half the holster dropped in the weeds, and the other half of the holster body was firmly attached to his belt.

That's what he gets for carrying an $800 gun in an $8 holster. :rolleyes:

TheRedHorseman said:
If you paid $37 for a fobus, you got raped.
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
build another one out of some crap you've got lying around,
you missed that thread didn't you :laughing:

no fact is fobus is a good cheap BEATER holster. Its if far from great.

but that video is fucking gay :flipoff2:

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
No, I was telling you to go make ANOTHER holster yourself. I saw the first one.

There's nothing good about Fobus. If you want a good cheap holster, but an Uncle Mikes. The price difference is like $3. :p

·
Mr. Personality
10,289 Posts
you missed that thread didn't you :laughing:

no fact is fobus is a good cheap BEATER holster. Its if far from great.

but that video is fucking gay :flipoff2:
My definition of a "beater" is something that will actually handle a good amount of use and abuse even without proper care. Fobus does not fit this definition.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts