Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the help of my previous employer, I aquired enough material to build this for no more than the cost of wire/gas and the air operated jack. Probably have about $85 in it total and around 6 hours of fab/assembly time.

Works great I copied the commercial press from the shop I used to work at and overbuilt it a little from that design.

So far I have only used it for pressing balljoints and studs but It bent the shit out of a piece of 1 1/2"x1/4" angle that I used to support a rotor when pressing the studs, with no signs of any failure yet.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I have a piece of 3/8" plate left over from a project. I hate to waste it with the price of steel but I'll see what I can do.:grinpimp:

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Here you go. 3/8" plate I had to stop because the piece was about to slip off the base because it isn't wide enough. The air operation is sweet. No work involved and bent this like butter.

Wasted some good gusset material though:flipoff2:

Attachments

·
Registered
294 Posts
Nice work there. I just converted mine to an air over hydro jack and absolutely love it. No way you can go back to pumping it by hand after you've had the air operated one in there!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Looks pretty good! I'm in the process of building my own right now. I wanted to do Air/Hydro but decided on a 30-ton press. I'm overbuilding mine enough that it will handle a 50-ton but for now the 30-ton should do. I will be posting up a build thread soon.

Where did you get your return springs?

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah H.F. $75. Couldn't catch it on sale so I paid full price. Although it was cheaper in the store than online.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts