Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
yup case spreader, made from 1.5" box .120 wall. and some 1/2" hardware. Its been painted now to keep it clean. Does just that spreads the case to make it easier to pull out the chunks.

LOL just looked at the jack handle ---- cool !

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
when my buddies front axle seal blew on his jeep we had a hard time getting the new seal in cause it was in the very tight vaccuum box or whatever you want to call it... we took some flat bar, about 2 feet of threaded bar and big freakin washers. Then we put a nut on the flat bar which rested on the knuckle and the washers with a nut on it and it acted as a seal puller.. it worked....
I also made a stand for my differential... when i setup toyota 3rds i need to put alot of leverage on them so i made a cradle that can rotate for the 3rd... after new years ill post a pic since i will be gettin my red star..... i also turned a Furniture dolly into a welding cart... i got the dolly that can lay flat or stand up and then i put metal racks underneath it so i can store pieces of metal up to 5 ft long underneath it...

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Digging this thread back up, I built this engine stand w some old TTB beams, wheel bearing hub and lockout:

For the mounting plate I copied an engine stand I already had:

·
Registered
753 Posts
I built a D60 hub nut socket at 1:30 am after losing the real one I had. Ended up using the home built one for quite a while.

That TTB engine stand is pretty damn sweet by the way.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
yager: any more pictures of the trannyjack/cherry picker?

I get the general idea, but I'm kind of lost on the hidden end. thanks :)

·
Premium Member
9,561 Posts
I made an axle stand. I used 4x4 lumber I had laying around. Four 48" 4x4s form the upright legs of the "A" at each end, and there are 32" 2x4 crossmembers between the A's. The result, once assembled, is an elevated work surface (I hate working on an axle on the floor).

I drilled a 1" hole 90% of the way through each 4x4 and angled up/out, and slipped an 8" pipe nipple in each -- these extend enough as forks to store other axles out of the way, and lift them well enough off the ground to make working on them reasonable.

The whole rack rolls on a couple spare Harbor Freight vehicle dolleys:

... and three axles now take up the floorspace of one.

Randii

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I made a body panel (christmas tree thing) puller out of a ball valve handle, just cut out the hole and grind down the end and it looks exectly like the one you can get from mac.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
yager said:
cart for flimsy HF 4x6 saw
press bender, easily bends 1/4" (don't laugh at the welds I was testing out various rods)

Thanks for the idea on the press bender. I just bent a 15" wide piece of 1/4 to a 90*. :smokin:

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Giant Engine Stand (Body Stand)

Not mine. Von created this. It is a Giant engine stand sorta thing that suports the cab of his truck. (removed from frame) so he could strip, paint weld etc. It raises and lowers as well as allows him to rotate te cab

·
Nose to grindstone
8,178 Posts
I like this one

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Let's see:

- I'm on my fourth set of jack stands, I've got the first pair, the second and third ended up at friends houses somehow. This last one will be the heaviest, tallest and safest I've built.

- 20 ton press

- 24" press brake. It will bend 3/8" thick plate 4 1/2" wide or 3/16" x 20"

- Welding table with top made of 3/4" plate donated by the local railroad.

- 3/4" square tubing bender, doesn't work too well, though.

Al

·
Registered
489 Posts
Saw this at a local small engine show. The guy running it was an old machinist and made them. Everything was running on compressed air, but it has a steam boiler on the right-hand side that you can't see.

CP

·
Registered
271 Posts
Sandblasting cabinet

I built a Sandblasting Cabinet: 2.5' x 2.5' x 4' is the box measurements. The floor is removable and has a fiberglass screen mesh to "pre-filter" the sand before it goes into the bucket.

Most of the wood came from my neighbor, I really only had to buy the light and a few odds and ends.... total cost was right at $35.00

It works really well, I do want to change the openings for my arms, I need to make larger holes. I recently picked up some free glass, I may be changing the plexiglass for the real glass..... but I'm not sure just yet.

photos:

·
Registered
467 Posts
red85toy said:
I built a Sandblasting Cabinet: 2.5' x 2.5' x 4' is the box measurements. The floor is removable and has a fiberglass screen mesh to "pre-filter" the sand before it goes into the bucket.

Most of the wood came from my neighbor, I really only had to buy the light and a few odds and ends.... total cost was right at $35.00

It works really well, I do want to change the openings for my arms, I need to make larger holes. I recently picked up some free glass, I may be changing the plexiglass for the real glass..... but I'm not sure just yet.

photos:

Nice work.. I'll have to remember this..

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
inferno : This is the other end. The 'basket' pivots on the main 2" squre tube. Ive never finished the pivot arm as the 2x4 worked fine in a pinch... The idea was to make different end for the main arm as i needed to hold different things..

edit: the whole thing

Attachments

21 - 40 of 49 Posts