·
Registered
1,489 Posts
My version.

Gus

·
Banned
5,372 Posts
That is pretty nice. Better than mine, well these were made for moving the axle/jackstands around easier. Fits both my large and small sets of stands, 500lb total caster capacity on each.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I think you have an un-healthy obsession with harbor freight orange. :grinpimp:

I like multi-taskers. I reciently got the cart but I hate to make it for axles only. Limited space won't allow me to do that.

One thing you may want to add is a tray below the axle for draining fluid, setting tools on, and if you drop anything it won't go hitting the concrete.

My first version...

My second version....

My third version...

Let me know if you need any help building it Brad.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Yea that is a set that I got from Wallyworld many years ago. Those are the small ones that I used for cars (back when I actually had a car). They aren't made of much and the other one collapsed so this orphan is used to hold pinions up.

Sorry back to the axle stands...

·
Mayor of Flat Rock
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
put a front rockwell on that stand, and roll it around the shop for a while, lets see how long it lasts...
No problem. That stand is made from the finest Chinese pot metal!:flipoff2:

I think I will see how long it hold that D44 up before I drop anything heavier on it. :D

NIB

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Mine is actually a piece of tooling from one of the machine shops I used to work at. My boss let me have it since they were never going to use it again. It was rusty, I cleaned it up though. I widened it, made the riser extension legs with the "V" tops. I made it a spicific width to fit a 14FF housing out of my 1 ton crew cab but ofcourse it would not fit a 3/4 ton 14ff. I had to make it adjustable for different axles so I made the slider rail I can adjust anywhere. I have since welded 1" solid round bar slightly angled up on the vertical legs and have three axles on one stand. :flipoff2: It's WAY overkill but I had to work with what I was given. I got the stand free.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
now that is NICE. dont look overkill to me, build it once to last. you did a great job with all the adjustments.

Thanks man, much appreciated. I forgot to mention the white spacer under the jack screw adjuster is a 1/2" thick spacer/washer of Teflon I machined so the adjustment would be butter easy and smooth. It made a HUGE difference in how easy it is to adjust. I POR15 painted it when I was done. As you can see I widened it after I had painted it. The vertical base posts were an odd ID dimention so I had to weld strips of 1/8 steel to the tubes I used then grind it to fit. They slide very smooth up and down aswell. I might still weld "V" plates on the Horizontal legs over the casters so I can fit two more axles on it. Then it will be a 5 axle stand. :D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts