Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning on fabbing some beadlocks.the question is how many bolts to use.I see most are either 18 or 32.18 seems like not enough yet 32 seems like overkill.I was thinking of splitting down the middle and do 25.What are the thoughts about how many are needed.Thanks.Cheepin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
241 Posts
I think the more the better mainly because there is less chance it can get pulled lose from a spot and bent out of shape.Maybe some larger bolt's?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,778 Posts
Cheepin said:
Planning on fabbing some beadlocks.the question is how many bolts to use.I see most are either 18 or 32.18 seems like not enough yet 32 seems like overkill.I was thinking of splitting down the middle and do 25.What are the thoughts about how many are needed.Thanks.Cheepin
I would like to see you divide 25 into even spaces on a bolt circle...by hand...:laughing:

Seriously though...even numbers...divisible that way. 24 or 32 is good
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,656 Posts
Pat98TJ said:
I made mine w/ 24. I have an extra set of rings if you are interested. (PM me)

you made yours??? or did u just order tons of them. dont you have alot of extra rings since u are selling them, i have to admit it is a good deal
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,914 Posts
biggreentj said:
you made yours??? or did u just order tons of them. dont you have alot of extra rings since u are selling them, i have to admit it is a good deal

I know you were asking about the other post...but I made mine. Not really so bad if you have access to a plasma cutter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,813 Posts
i made mine, 24 bolts (15 degrees between holes, makes life easy)
i make 16.5's and 15's - lazer cut...

peace, Dave
 

·
Rotten Sperm
Joined
·
6,517 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Harvester of Sorrow said:
I would like to see you divide 25 into even spaces on a bolt circle...by hand...:laughing:

Seriously though...even numbers...divisible that way. 24 or 32 is good
I didn't say I was doing these by hand.Have a plasma table at work.Uses the Hypermax 6000.Just need to get some plate and get it dialed in.:flipoff2:

Nordic1 these will fit inside the bead lip.Don't need wheels any wider than mine are already.May find a skinner of rims to add the locks to.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top