Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i made both my drive shafts when i swapped to one tons.the front i lengthened by several inches and although i didnt balance it professionally it seems to be balanced very well.my rear shaft i made by grinding out the yokes of my original and reusing them with a piece of tube that had a very thick wall.the shafts are holding up great.the only thing im worried about is the rear shaft is out of balance a tad and im wondering how much this will affect my pinion bearings in my 14 bolt or my 242 t-case.its stricktly a trail rig that never goes over 10-20 mph.i personally dont think its a problem but i thought id get some other opinions,thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Ya, I think that you will put more "loads" onto the pinion bearings when you bang the driveshaft into a rock.

·
Premium Member
5,750 Posts
try balanceing the shaft with a hose clamp--- 1 hose clamp=1 oz. slide around until the shaft quits vibrateing and tighten it down !!! done--

(can jack up the rear of the rig-- put it in gear and hold a marker close to the shaft til it just touches--- put the clamp 'screw' 180 from that== done )

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
if you used seamed pipe that would throw it off,look for the weld line, weight the opposite side.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts