Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have an idea of how long it takes to get a VIN from Richmond? Its going on two weeks and they still haven't cashed my check yet.

·
Registered
304 Posts
From the state? I want to say mine took 1-2 weeks. Once you get it you still have to have a State Trooper come out and inspect the trailer before he will sign off on it......or maybe that happened first? It's been 8 years.....

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Are you kidding me. I walked into the local DMV and walked out with a vin tag and sign off sheet. I called the state police for an inspection on the way home. They came by the next morning and inspected that my vin tag was on and in the right location. I then went back to the DMV for the plates. No big deal.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yeah from the state. I printed off the form from online, filled it out put the check with it and mailed it off. From my understanding, and I could be wrong, they are suppose to mail the form back with the VIN plate. Then I can get it inspected by any LEO (city or state police) for the signature.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Yeah from the state. I printed off the form from online, filled it out put the check with it and mailed it off. From my understanding, and I could be wrong, they are suppose to mail the form back with the VIN plate. Then I can get it inspected by any LEO (city or state police) for the signature.

Yeah that's how I did it. I did mine right around the time they shut down half the DMV's. Mine had closed and I was not going to go downtown and wait for 8hrs.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I had of known it was going to be like this I would have just gone to the DMV.:shaking:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Are you kidding me. I walked into the local DMV and walked out with a vin tag and sign off sheet. I called the state police for an inspection on the way home. They came by the next morning and inspected that my vin tag was on and in the right location. I then went back to the DMV for the plates. No big deal.
Same here. Did it twice. Easy

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So what are they looking for during the inspection. Is it just that the VIN is installed, or do the go into safety chains, lights, etc.?

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
So what are they looking for during the inspection. Is it just that the VIN is installed, or do the go into safety chains, lights, etc.?
Just that the VIN tag is installed in the proper location. Took all of 5 minutes.

The regular trailer inspection that you have to get annually checks that other stuff.

·
Premium Member
6,352 Posts
From the state? I want to say mine took 1-2 weeks. Once you get it you still have to have a State Trooper come out and inspect the trailer before he will sign off on it......or maybe that happened first? It's been 8 years.....
Now its any LEO.

I printed the form off the VADMV website, filled it out, had a cap sign it, went to DMV and had plates, vin plate, and title in 30 min.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just got off the phone with DMV. If you use the mail in form it is a 4-6 WEEK wait before the VIN will mail. I would suggest going to the DMV despite that "officially" not being an option as others here have done it that way and it clearly works better/faster.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts