Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey from the deep south on the east coast! does anyone know if an adapter exist to hook a honda 4cyl to a chevy trans? looking for more power from my zuki and just tossing ideas around...i see alot of v-tecs in rock crawlers but I think they just transverse the transaxle (funny huh:) anyways thanks for any help::homer:

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
do some more searching, most hondas are reverse rotation.
So I just had a crazy idea. Use a honda motor and a normal driveline, flip the chunks and/or entire axles...that'd make it go forward right? Or would a normal tranny not hold up being driven in the opposite rotation?

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
So I just had a crazy idea. Use a honda motor and a normal driveline, flip the chunks and/or entire axles...that'd make it go forward right? Or would a normal tranny not hold up being driven in the opposite rotation?
I havent ever seen it done.An auto trans wont work spun rev rotation,pump would not work.

But if you get the K series engine out of a newer civic,it spins clockwise like the rest of the world.So only wiring and an adapter would be the tough part!!!

The easiest way to tell if it is a reverse rotation engine in a honda is.......When you open the hood,if the engine is on the drivers side of the engine compartment then it is reverse rotation.If on the pass side then it is normal clockwise rotation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the input, my neighbor has a civic and is part of a tuner club. Got me lookin at his stuff and his motor is on the passenger side, I think it's a 1.8 but a guy in his club has a 2.2 that is freakin sweet. I could always have someone make an adapter, then custom make a converter, wiring sucks it would be sweet to throw some sidedrafts on one, or a supercharger with a carb, oh well trying to keep it within my budget of $0.00!:shaking:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts