Pirate 4x4 banner

101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #102 (Edited)
Now that's a cage!

Any idea how much weight that added?
I'm not sure yet, but it weighted 1528lbs with the low fuel light before I started this adventure.

The main structure is 1-3/4" x .095, including the A&B pillar cross braces and center roof bar. The V bars in the roof, the B pillar supports and all 3 bars behind the driver are 1-3/4" x .065. Window center supports are 1-1/4" x .095. Horizontal door bars are 1-3/4" x .083 cromo and the lower /\ supports will be 1-1/2" x .095. Its lighter than it looks and 1000% better than stock.

As I've gone along I have cut off all unnecessary brackets tabs ect to save weight. I also picked up a rear mount radiator kit and am relocating the battery. New exhaust is 18lbs lighter than stock, doors will be skinned with aluminum. Factory Honda Racing aluminum doors are HEAVY, plus now I get to cut the hinge mounts and striker plates off. :grinpimp:. Wheels/Tires will be lighter than stock, no passenger seat, ect.

I'm thinking if I come out at 1600lbs with no fuel I did good. :smokin:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I'm not sure yet, but it weighted 1528lbs with the low fuel light before I started this adventure.

The main structure is 1-3/4" x .095, including the A&B pillar cross braces and center roof bar. The V bars in the roof, the B pillar supports and all 3 bars behind the driver are 1-3/4" x .065. Window center supports are 1-1/4" x .095. Horizontal door bars are 1-3/4" x .083 cromo and the lower /\ supports will be 1-1/2" x .095. Its lighter than it looks and 1000% better than stock.

As I've gone along I have cut off all unnecessary brackets tabs ect to save weight. I also picked up a rear mount radiator kit and am relocating the battery. New exhaust is 18lbs lighter than stock, doors will be skinned with aluminum. Factory Honda Racing aluminum doors are HEAVY, plus now I get to cut the hinge mounts and striker plates off. :grinpimp:. Wheels/Tires will be lighter than stock, no passenger seat, ect.

I'm thinking if I come out at 1600lbs with no fuel I did good. :smokin:
Very awesome!

1600lbs. would be great. That's what my machine weighs from the factory (actually 1,666 lbs. I believe). With the 1000cc motor the weight will be negligible.

These machines, the sport ones anyways, should come from the factory with a cage like that. You guys are making these Talons look more and more appealing. But, I still like the YXZ more, and the SS model has an auto-clutch.

101 - 106 of 106 Posts