Registered
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is available for my 1.6 8v motor?

I already have a Thorley header, but any advice on---

Cams
Ignition
ECM upgrades

Its not down on power or anything, and with 4.1 t-case gears, 5.29s in the Toy diffs, it turned my 35's just fine. I am just considering some upgrades and havent seen much.

Thanks

Rob

·
Registered
182 Posts
My advice is to talk to Gary at Petroworks. Email or call. He's the man!

·
Registered
218 Posts
There are a few CAMs

ported intake

Weber Carb,,,there are others but Im pretty sure webbers make the most HP

Underdrive pully

Ajustable cam sprocket

put a K&N air filter on it

Exaust

Port match the block

Centerforce II clutch

Iv never been big on ignition upgrages so I could say anything about that. Iv got all that on my 1.6 8v and the thing fruckin RIPS. Its probably putting out a good 120HP Going from stock carb to weber was almost the same difference in power as going from a solid running 1.3 to a 1.6

I had that engine in my soft top with 5:14 T-case gearing and 33's swampers and I had it up to 77mph at like 5-5,000 grand GPS verified (dash said 55)

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm confused. My 8V is fuel injected. Do you mean going from TBI to a Weber?
i now offer 4 side drafts for 1.6 8 valve, 1.3 8 valve,and 1.6 16 valve...$495. -$575. complete ready to run... more power than fuel injection or weber ,runs upside down.......-jer

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i now offer 4 side drafts for 1.6 8 valve, 1.3 8 valve,and 1.6 16 valve...$495. -$575. complete ready to run... more power than fuel injection or weber ,runs upside down.......-jer
Got pics???

Rob

BTW- I have a header, decent exhaust (2" flowmaster), a center force II clutch, Free flow air filter.

Can the computer be tuned on these??

Rob

·
Registered
155 Posts
computer?

Got pics???

Rob

BTW- I have a header, decent exhaust (2" flowmaster), a center force II clutch, Free flow air filter.

Can the computer be tuned on these??
Rob
you wont need a computer [unplug],i'll post pics on tuesday... 805-746-4468-jeremy

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I visted your website and saw the pics.....contemplating now....

Will the carbs all be tuned when I get them from u or will I have to mess when them when its all hooked up.

BTW-the ecm comment was for my EFI system that is on it now....

Rob

·
Registered
69 Posts
I am interested in a 4 carb set up for a 16v, I have a single carb set up on mine (SU HIF 44) but need more power, what sort of figures will your setup put out. I have a DT manifold & 2" freeflow exhaust, over the winter I am planning on some mild porting & maybe a cam change if I can get hold of one.

Tim

·
Registered
155 Posts
I am interested in a 4 carb set up for a 16v, I have a single carb set up on mine (SU HIF 44) but need more power, what sort of figures will your setup put out. I have a DT manifold & 2" freeflow exhaust, over the winter I am planning on some mild porting & maybe a cam change if I can get hold of one.

Tim
im expecting output on these motors to be at least 25-30 hp more with your exhaust than stock.... our intakes have no bends or turns i'll have pics on tuesday...- jeremy

·
Registered
155 Posts
I visted your website and saw the pics.....contemplating now....

Will the carbs all be tuned when I get them from u or will I have to mess when them when its all hooked up.

BTW-the ecm comment was for my EFI system that is on it now.
Rob
when you get the complete set from me it is completly ready to run... jeremy i'll have pics on tuesday

1 - 20 of 30 Posts