Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone having trouble with this stuff?

I have a Tikka T3 .270 that's fairly accurate with 130-grain Fusion and very accurate with Hornady 130-grain Custom, but is all over the place with this new Hornady 130-grain Superperformance.

I also have a CZ 550 American in .243 that's a tack-driver with Winchester Ballistic Silvertips and all other Hornady Ammo but the new 80-grain Superperformace shoots 6" groups at 100 yards with the rifle clamped to a Lead-Sled.

I shoot a lot of different Hornady ammo and all of it as been excellent but I think they screwed something up with this stuff.

·
dry-rotter of tires
2,909 Posts
I've shot exactly seven rounds with it after switching over from the earlier Hornady Custom: two groups of three rounds basically stacked on the bull out of the box to see how it would shoot, and one dropped a 10 pt. in his tracks back in October. I guess that translates into "no problems so far".. 7mm rem mag.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Been shooting it out of my .270 and .223 and my brother has been shooting it through his .243

We have no problems with it and it groups awesome out of all 3 guns.

·
Registered
597 Posts
My 25-06 does not like superformance 5in groups with it 1.25in with federal 100gr tsx just under 1in with 100gr ttsx handloads.

·
Surgical Shotgunner
15,752 Posts
180 grainers out of my SPR 308 group fantastic. Just as good as FGMM but it's pricier. I buy it only when it's cheaper than the Federals

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies. Funny the mixed results and to such a wide degree. Glad I'm not crazy.

·
Registered
146 Posts
My Savage 116 in .30-06 doesn't like it at all. The OAL is just outside of acceptable and loaded ammo wants to stick HARD in the chamber. Fired brass had no such problem, nor has any other factory ammo I've put through it so far.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts